PDA

View Full Version : Exercise and improvement

heavymind
21-02-06, 12:36
Hi,
I started following a routine of going for a jog daily in the morning for around 20 mins. Started this from Jan29th and its like 3 weeks into this. I already have made dramatic progress. Although today I am slightly down, I am not as down as I used to be earlier. I still am able to focus and relax and think continously and rationaly, there is minimal derealization. I am hoping after 6 weeks to see even more dramatic increase. If it gives me that its just great.

Ram

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 22:24
I too found that exercise really helped me too.

Burns off all that excess adrenalin.

Well done on doing this.

Nicola

Meg
24-02-06, 17:13
Yes , Its extremely well proven that exercise is extremely beneficial for panic and anxiety and depression.

We recommend heavily that each of us in acute anxiety takes some exercise and active relaxation to help in your recovery.

Glad its helped you.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
24-02-06, 19:30
Good that you are finding this so beneficial. Well done for keeping going with it.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

heavymind
15-10-06, 16:11
Hi,
I stoped doing exercises. From Jan till March or even apr I was quite regular. After stopping deteriorated quite a bit and cause a lot of troubles to a lot of people, became very emotional and did lot of nonsence at work. I started a better routine, with more physical activity again since a month now and again, I have improved tremendously.

asdf

ksmith
15-10-06, 19:13
Well done for having another go. I've started exercise regimes and don't stick with them and then it's twice as hard to work up the enthusiasm to start again. Set yourself a realistic regime ..... not anything too time consuming or unsustainable. Hope you find improvement again through exercise.

Kay

emster
15-10-06, 19:30
Exercise is one of the biggest helps to me too, i hadnt realised how much until recently because of lack of sleep ive been too tired to make it to the gym in the mornings for a while and i'm feeling like crap as a result and a lot more anxious than i was when i was going every day. hopefully i'll be back into it soon though. Keep up the good work :D

spuds
15-10-06, 21:14
I recommend everyone who isn't exercising just to go walking. I try to go on two long (1 hour) walks a week with my friend - we just walk the streets talking and looking at houses. I find it really helps. Hate walking on my own though, find it really boring and I end up going over my anxieties again. Even if you are really unfit, like me, you can walk at your own pace. I read somewhere that Kenneth Brannagh, who suffers from depression, said that exercise was the only thing that he had found to be helpful.

clickaway
15-10-06, 21:50
I am told that the walking should be brisk.

However, all I can do is stroll as I get so nervous just being out, and seem to have a reaction as soon as I start off!

But yes, I'd recommend exercise too.

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Kathy
17-10-06, 09:16
I have found exercise to be a better remedy than anything else. I have very bad mornings, and sometimes I feel like complete poo. Then I go to the gym for an hour, come out walking on air and wondering how on earth I felt so bad. It keeps me better for the rest of the day too. I go 3 or 4 times a week and sometimes I do worry on the days that I cant go, that I cant do without it.

My sister came last night and remarked on how trim I look, even though I am still overweight. Gave me a real boost.

Sometimes if I cant go, I just go for a brisk walk. The fresh air, exercise, rhthym and the beauty of outdoors are all brilliant medicine. Better than a diazepam any day.

KathXX