PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys.

shinderuko
25-07-10, 08:59
Hey I'm new to this site but already finding it useful.
I'm 18 and have been suffering with anxiety for a couple of months.
Slowly getting better, I can now leave the house without being in floods of tears. My biggest fear of going on a bus journey is still with me however. Hoping to have it under control by September in time for college.
Hope today is a good day for everyone :)

nomorepanic
25-07-10, 09:00
Hi shinderuko

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

worrymiss
25-07-10, 13:56
Hi there,
I'm new here too, but just thought I'd say hello and that I know how you feel. I'm in my 30s now but when I was 17/18 I suffered really bad anxiety about going places on my own, on buses, making phone calls etc.... It did get better with time and just by taking on little challenges, one step at a time. I don't think it ever completely leaves you (I could be wrong), but you can learn to manage it so that you get it under control rather than it controlling you.
I'm sure college will help give you more confidence - I found that going to college helped me too.

xxx

shinderuko
25-07-10, 15:01
Hey,
It's lovely to see how friendly everyone on this site is. Such a great support.
I just get frustrated because I used to be so confident and out-going. Before all this I'd pack a bag at the last minute and travel hundreds of miles alone to see old school friends and I got through my first year at college, 20 miles from my house, perfectly fine.
I just want the old me back really.
Thanks for encouragement.
x

Vanilla Sky
25-07-10, 20:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x