PDA

View Full Version : Am I doing this to myself?

dodo
25-07-10, 10:34
I am going crazy now worrying that there's something wrong with me. I'm not sure what, perhaps a bp issue, I just don't know.

I am so scared now I feel anxious every time I am doing anything that involves standing up. Every time I get up to stand I feel like I can't breath and that I'm gasping and gulping for air, like I'm drowing. I keep getting heaviness in my chest and head rushes. Dizziness and lightheaded. So then I sit back down.

Is it worrying about this that has done this to me? Am I making all these symptoms happen?

dodo
25-07-10, 10:35
Even things like blowing my nose or reaching out to get something make me feel the same.

calm
25-07-10, 10:48
my heart goes out too you!.....i am also so scared that with my attacks i will bring on an illness that i had four years ago.....it is such a vicious circle isnt it.
my doctor told me that nothing can actually bring on an illness - it just feels that it can.
we will be ok......we are here now all together and will help each other - i dont have any miracle answers but talking to others can only help cant it.
no no no no you are not making your symptoms up....have u been to the doctors???? i went on the 9th july - i am on meds they havent kicked in as yet but they will.....maybe you should consider xxxxx
keep in touch xxxxx

dodo
25-07-10, 10:52
I've had a bad experience with meds so don't want to go down that route again.

I just want to know whether I am bringing these symptoms on myself by worrying about them as they seem to have slowly gotten worse the past couple of days.
Since I had to rearrange my echo that I was supposed to have on Thursday I have felt really anxious. I know the symptoms are real, I just want to know whether it's an illness that is causing them or whether I am making them worse by thinking about them.

calm
25-07-10, 10:57
ohhhhhhhh thats the million doller question....yes, we are probably making matters worse if i am honest.....i worry that my problem will come back....i have a condition called "Crohns disease" and i had to have major surgery four years ago and was out of action for four months....my daughter was nine at the time and it was a hidious time for all of us.
i think, you should talk to someone of the medical profession.....maybe your "GP" if he/she is understanding. do you think you could - hopefully then he/she can discuss and make you feel less anxious/worried. maybe?

dodo
25-07-10, 11:04
I have spoken to people already. I am seeing someone to give me CBT but these symptoms have come on recently and I am not sure whether I should worry about them or just dismiss them.

Like a minute ago I got up and didn't get any of the headrushes etc but then a moment later after I thought that it didn't happen it started again and then when I sat down back down I got it too.

Every times I think about it, it happens. But I can't stop thinking about it because it is worrying me.

calm
25-07-10, 11:38
its the thinking mechanism that is making it happen maybe.
i know how hard it is to stop worrying....can you go for a walk, maybe take a soak in the bath....music is a good one....put your fav music on.....i worry also and it is such a hard thing to stop. thats why we get these anxiety/panic attacks.
if you can, try and dismiss them xxxxx we will be ok xxxx

calm
25-07-10, 21:59
just checking to make sure you are doing ok.....for some reason i am so much calmer at night - hope you have a good nights sleep....we made it through today, how good are we xxxx

dodo
25-07-10, 23:00
Strangely I always feel better in the evenings too! So that must mean it's me making things ten times worse than they are I guess.