PDA

View Full Version : Sweating alot!

sketchyboots
25-07-10, 18:57
Not a very ladylike problem but I have been getting the sweats really bad and it's doing my head in. My face literally drips with it when I get anxious - it's so embarrasing. Maybe it's because i wear too much foundation. I don't know. I'm on a high dose of Prozac so that may be something to do with it. Anyone else get this problem??:ohmy:

paulaf
25-07-10, 21:05
Hi, I get night sweats, sometimes when you have a panic attack or feel anxious it can make you hot and sweaty, what dose of prozac are you on? Im on 40mg per day.

Kerry B
25-07-10, 21:25
Hi I am exactely the same I get the sweating a lot, but is one of the side effects from the Seroxate 30mg I am taking, but the tablets are helping so I don't mind putting up the sweating. Maybe its the Prozac which are causing your sweats.
Take Care x

JT69
26-07-10, 13:39
Hi,

I think sweating is a side effect with Srri's. When I took citalopram and prozac in the past both made me sweat alot...it was so embarrassing. I would be somewhere that would be cool yet my face would be dripping.

Hopefully when the meds settle that will too.

Take care.
Jo.xx

Gareth
26-07-10, 15:08
I am afraid this is well known side effect of the medication you are on.

I am on Citalopram and have the same thing, am literally drenched if I even walk or do anything that requires any form of exertion whatsover, and I am fairly fit so its not about poor health.

sketchyboots
26-07-10, 16:56
Thanks fellow sweaters! I went to see a doctor today, whe was really nice. I asked her to prescribe me some beta-blockers (propranalol) as I remembered they had been very useful in the past to control the physical symptoms of anxiety. Yes, I think it is the Prozac and also probably the fact that it's quite hot at the moment and I always dress in black! Anyway, I've got a back-to-work session 2 moro - last time I was sweating like mad so I'm going to take a beta-blocker and see if it improves things. As they say "Don't sweat the small stuff!". Don't know anyone else but it's normally the "big stuff" that gets me worked up! Ta everyone.

JaneC
27-07-10, 00:50
Hi Sam, I recently started a thread about the same problem and another poster suggested a product called Odaban. I'll be trying it in the next few days so can let you know how I get on. Doc blames fluoxetine. I didn't have it last time I was on it but was only on 20mg then, on 40mg now. x

louiseevans222
28-07-10, 16:32
Maybe its the medication youre taking....

personally I have never used medication, because there are so many side effects too...

Why dont you use a natural cure like meditation??

Meditation is really great...

I also use a FREE powerful tool, which works great and that you can get instant access to on the link below...

it may help you...

All the best Sam

sketchyboots
29-07-10, 09:35
Hi everyone - well I'm now taking beta-blockers (Propranalol) and the heart rate and sweating problem seems to be under control. I think it is the Prozac that causes it and sweating is a natural by-product of anxiety. Anyway, the propranalol seems to be helping loads. Thanks for all your tips and advice x

bexy1970
29-07-10, 12:06
hiya, wheres the link? x

Pendragon
30-07-10, 09:04
I've had horrible sweats - but only at night; they seemed to get worse the higher dose I was on (citalopram), but are easing off now that I'm reducing my dose slowly.

hopers
31-07-10, 17:04
i sifferd with a lot of sweats mainly my face and maily when im stressed in on prooranolol 120 mg i thort it was sopose to stopit but it didt help me

hoprs x