PDA

View Full Version : propranolol side effects strange head feeling

nicky26
25-07-10, 19:47
hi have been on propranolol slow release 80 mg for 6 days now. the last 3 days about 5-6 times through out day lasting about 30 mins i get this really strange feeling in my head like i need to pull my hair out for it to go . its really freaking me out thinking i have something wrong with my brain. has anyone else experienced this on propranolol . please somebody help me x

mumoftwo
25-07-10, 20:03
Ive been on and off propranolol but ive never experienced any side effects with it. If I were you id call and speak to your GP and see what he says.

Sorry I cant be more helpful

mumoftwo

Kerry B
25-07-10, 21:51
Hi I was on Propranolol 40mg and I kept experiencing dizzy spells and head rushes, I couldnt even look up or wash my hair over the bath with the shower hose my head would spin, I am no longer on them as could not cope with the side effects was only on them 10 days. My CPN said they must of given me low blood pressure.
Good luck x

Going home
26-07-10, 00:22
Yes they can lower blood pressure so if its on the low side to start with it might give you strange feelings in your head. I take the same dose as you and I was given them because my BP was high and I was also having bad migraines. Ive been on them for 3 years at the same dose and to be honest, the ones ive been taking suit me fine. They're called 'Propranolol half-inderal' but the pharmacists can sometimes give out what they call Generic meds which are a cheaper version of the 'real thing' and can sometimes cause more side effects.

Anna xxx