PDA

View Full Version : Nosey people

paulaf
25-07-10, 22:39
I have been off work for two weeks for anxiety and am signed off for another week and I have only told my manager the reason for my absence. I have just told anyone else who asked that i haven't been too well and have had a virus blah blah. A couple of good friends have texted me to ask after me and I know that they genuinely care, but I have found some others who aren't even good friends asking to see me and I know for sure they just want to find out whats wrong with me so they can talk about me behind my back. This gets me so mad, why can't people just leave me alone? I feel like they are just vultures.

jothenurse
25-07-10, 23:16
I have been back at work for a couple of months now. I have lost a lot of weight (more than 20 pounds) so it is obvious that I have/had been under a lot of stress. I have a panic disorder. I try not to let comments bother me, but people will say things about how thin I am and are you eating? It does bother me a lot.

carter
25-07-10, 23:25
i was off work for 3 months prob with anxiety makes you think too much....

i found it difficlut to explain to people my problem so i only told my boss if im honest i found this easier.

the main thing is dont worry most people are concered purley cause of the amount of time u are having off, nothing else,

take ur time chill out......the best thing you can do is go back try a fazed back to work....did wonders for me.....being at home makes you think too much

i told people i had problems with my nervous system (techically im not lyin) most people tend not to ask anymore questions if you say that.

hope this helps x

Phill2
26-07-10, 02:56
I just tell people at work that I'm crazy and they laugh and don't believe me.
If only they knew!
Phill :shades:

Ronster
26-07-10, 04:14
Don't sweat what other people think, particuarly the people who are not important to you. If you got the same problems I got with anxiety than you got more to concern yourself with than what a bunch of nosey idiot's think! What I did is shared my problem at work with the people that I trust and respect. This has given me the freedom to work in comfort with their compation and understanding. These people actually ask how i'm doing and mean it.
Worry about your well being and not the gossip bozo's. Your much more important than that.

Ron

paulaf
26-07-10, 11:42
Thanks guys, I think maybe I am getting a bit paranoid after having too much time to think. I am probably getting anxious about returning to work next week too - actually that's an understatement I am terrified. I woke up really anxious today and at this point, other people don't even seem important to me (the nosey ones I mean). Thanks everyone x

JT69
26-07-10, 13:35
Hi,

I was off work for 5 months....mine did start with a virus then I crashed with depression/anxiety. I found that I could tell those that I knew generally cared about me and the others I let them think what they wanted. You do get people that talk and say things that you dont want to hear....but dont let it get to you they are just not worth it!!

The other thing I would say is take as long as you need before going back and only do so when you know you are ready and can cope. I went back on 3 hrs then 4 then 5 then 6 took a weeks annual leave then went back full-time and was fine!!!

You will know when you are ready to go back...just dont rush it!!

Take care.
Jo.xx