PDA

View Full Version : Asteroid fear, PLEASE help!

Onwards & Upwards
26-07-10, 08:59
I can't stop thinking about one hitting.

I had a dream about it a few nights ago and can not stop thinking about it nor bring my thoughts back down to earth.

I looked on the nasa website to calm myself, it worked for a bit when I saw that they keep track of some, but not all of them and this freaks me out.

I see other people enjoying their lives as normal, how? Why don't other people even give this a second thought.

I can't enjoy anything nor concentrate on anything and can't help thinking that everything is so trivial in comparison.

PLEASE, somebody help me rationalise! I don't want to carry this fear with me. I feel so detached from reality and can't enjoy life. Please help :(

Zee
26-07-10, 10:09
The odds of an asteroid hitting within the next century are slim .Technology exists these days though to deflect near earth objects. The deflection doesnt have to be very much in order to take it away from its course.There are more complicated methods as well. I can understand your fears but we have to trust that science is well prepared for such things and have ways to deal with them.