PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think you are better....

paulaf
26-07-10, 11:45
Hi everyone, over the last couple of weeks I have had miraculous days where I have actually felt pretty calm on waking, and even one day when to shops with my mum without having any panic attacks. I thought- that's it I'm cured, my meds are finally working! Then I have a couple days like yesterday and today where I feel totally anxious again and it feels like I'm back to square one. Today I have woken early with anxiety and had to get up and watch tv to try to distract myself, I've had an upset tummy just with pure nerves. I feel so down about this like it has shattered my confidence. Does anyone else get this whole 'good day, bad day' thing?

JT69
26-07-10, 13:29
Hi Paulaf,

I can totally relate to having spells of feeling really good and being anxiety free and then it returns with a vengence. Not sure how long you have been taking meds or what ones you are on but they do take some months to really start working....and even then we still have odd "blips".

I agree that distraction is key and I know with me when I am in a normal routine of getting up then going to work etc then I can cope with it...sometimes when I have time off I struggle to free myself from the anxiety and it doesn't seem fair as thats when you should be enjoying yourself etc.

Anyhow you are not alone...and the upset tummy thing I get that too!!!

Take care.
Jo.xx

paulaf
26-07-10, 21:49
Thanks Jo, that's very kind of you. I have been taking fluoxetine for about 7 weeks now and am starting to feel better but still get so anxious before leaving the house. I went to a shopping centre with my husband for a little while today and was practically hyperventilating in the car on the way there. Now that its evening I feel relaxed, I think at the back of my mind when I know I will have to go somewhere it gets me anxious. Will try to focus on the better days and not the blips. x

Kerry B
26-07-10, 23:16
Hi Paulaf, I am the same as you I had a good week last week and thought I was on the mend, and then yesterday and today I have been so anxious, and on edge I just hope I am not going to go back down hill again it really scares me the thought of it. x

eva82
27-07-10, 09:12
Yes...I get this too! You have to remember that getting "over" anxiety is a complicated process, and it is different for everyone. I too thought I was on the road to recovery a couple months ago, and I was feeling better than ever. Just recently it seems like all my symptoms and negative thinking have returned, but I feel like I have a better sense of control over these feeling then before (if that makes any sense!). You are not alone with those good vs. bad day feelings!!