PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

nigela
21-02-06, 14:48
Hi New here
i had lots of bad panic attacks while ago-now the fear of having them is stopping me doing things-please help-any good tips-do i need medication or natural stuff.
Nigela x

nigela

trac67
21-02-06, 16:03
Hi Nigela,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jill
21-02-06, 20:38
Hi Negel

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here to help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something,
learn as much about it as you can.
Knowledge conquers fear.

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 21:28
Hi Nigela

A warm welcome aboard.

You could start with this post to see if there are things tghat you can start to change that will help...

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

Karen
21-02-06, 23:47
Hi Nigela

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

sal
21-02-06, 23:51
Hi Nigela

Welcome to the forum

By reading posts you will see there are so many different ways you can overcome this. We all have one that we find suits us more.

I got to the stage where i stopped doing things as i was so scared but with CBT realised the only way i could achieve doing things again was by trying them step by step however hard it got. Wasnt easy but i persevered when i really didnt want to but with having a child i felt i had no option but to push myself.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

floatlikeabutterfly
21-02-06, 23:59
Many people have different ways of recovering and most of them can be traced back to CBT and relaxation in one form or another.

I suffered for a relativley short period (6 months) but in that time I had a full agoraphobia.

The answer for me (and this will sound perverse) was to let the panic wash over me......just to sit back and think 'go on then, do your best'. Because I was not prepared to 'fight it' anymore, it just dissipated.

This strategy was from the works of Dr Claire Weekes. I was cured very, very quickly.

Her teachings are early CBT.

seh1980
22-02-06, 08:40
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

jackie
22-02-06, 08:43
hi nigela and welcome

i do take herbal as i hate medication, but for others it really works

need help just give us a shout
jackie