PDA

View Full Version : P.T.S.D.....i need someone to help me please

calm
26-07-10, 13:19
hi guys....i am at my wits end!
can someone help me please
four years ago through illness i nearly died.....i came through it.....and have been absolutely fine.
i have had alot of stress this last two months and it has triggered panic/anxiety and my doc says that i am reliving what happened four years ago.
it is such a terror - i think i am not going to be here for my daughter and that adds to everything....i truly think i am going out of my mind.
if anyone can give me some advice/help or just a moment to help it would be so greatly appreciated xxxxx

Lynnann
26-07-10, 18:12
Hi,

Don't dispair things do get better, there are lots of treatments available.
What has your doctor suggested? Take a look into CBT and EMDR therapy they can be very helpful to PTSD sufferers.

REmember if you were going out of your mind, you wouldn't be worrying about it:)

Lynnann:flowers:

calm
26-07-10, 21:48
thank you so much for your reply - can i ask wot does CBT and EMDR standsfor....so sorry xxxxx i have seen it a few times on this site but i dont know wot it means.
your words are so true - i have been in contact with the therapist at my centre today....she dealt with me four years ago....she deals with people who have health problems. i know there will be quite a long wait...but, at least i know i am in the loop xxxxxxx

staypositive
29-07-10, 18:25
Aww Tracey :hugs: I know how hard it can be, there are treatments options, I was assaulted in March and lost some teeth while driving, still not completely over it if I'm honest, but it's got much better. One thing I found helpful was seeing my GP and getting my Citalopram raised to 40mg, it's been raised to 60mg now but that's another story.

CBT stands for 'Cognitive Behaviour Therapy'... It's a method of changing our thoughts, and it can be really useful. Talking to people helps, and your GP/support worker is another good place to start.

Just try and keep strong, you have your daughter to look after so that's something to take some focus away from what happened.

I hope you feel better soon, take care

mcclan
31-07-10, 22:24
i understand where you are coming from as i was nearly killed 3 years ago and still cant seem to come to terms with it but im sure there is things out there to get us through this

calm
01-08-10, 13:31
hi stay positive and mcclan....thank you both for your messages......hopefully the meds will kick in soon and yes i am off to see a therapist on the 24th august - i am counting down the days....i saw her four years ago and she was my lifeline.
thank you for telling me both your stories.....life can throw us things that i wish we could just press delete and not remember.
hope you both have a good sunday....and once again thank you xxxxx