PDA

View Full Version : What are these aches? Worrier

dukert
21-02-06, 15:12
Ok, I am a 56 old male, living in the US, I have a lot of what I'll call stress induced illnesses, e.g. psorassis, IBS, Vascular headaches{sometimes}, Gastro reflux{comes and goes} I worry a lot..always have for some reason...fear of cancer...my dad died at 55, my grandmother at 52. Anyway, I currently have my IBS, and gastro acting up...I started taking Nexium two weeks ago...I had a chest X-Ray{ok}, and EKG, and stress test{also ok} I have an ache in my my right shoulder...sometimes under my right shoulder blade, and sometimes a dull ache just below my right breast in chest{kind of feels like its between the ribs} also, sometimes at the bottom of my ribs on the right side. I do have some gas. I am not bothered to sleep...I am better in am, and usually gets worse as the day progresses...it seems to move around from shoulder to chest to shoulder blade, etc. I also have a mild dry cough usually more again as the day wears on...not certain if it's related. In my mind I think it's either chostrocondritis, fibromyalgia, or related to gastro??? My mom did have Chostro or Fibro....I worry about it being someting worse like gallbladdar{although I do not get ill after eating? or eshalpageal cancer or something bad...it is the fear that kills...the unknown. I even get really stressed when I go in for tests...my blood pressure goes high. I currently am taking Zocor 40 mg. Paxil 20mg. and Nexium 40 mg. I try to pray and put my trust where it should be.

I appreciate any insights or someone that had similiare issues..thanks.

dth

jackie
21-02-06, 15:57
all i can say is welcome and you are not alone. i fear a heart attack as my father had on e 12 years ago. hes alive and well today and doesnt fear one but i do. i hacve been told i have chosto or fybromyalgia. so i no how you feel to be in constant pain. all anxiety related and worry related.

talk to me anytime
jackie

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 22:42
Welcome aboard.

IBS - try this ....
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=ibs)

Headaches ....
Headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2098)
headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4794)
tender spots on head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4889)
Tension headaches! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5660)
ongoing headaches (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6177)
Big HELLO and warm wishes to everyone (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6669)
New User - Pressure in head (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6858)

Hope they help

Nicola

dukert
22-02-06, 12:27
Thanks to both of you for the info. so far.

dth

dukert
22-02-06, 19:12
Anyone know if chest ache and back ache that comes and goes can be a result of IBS or gastro reflux or gas???

dth

Paddington
23-02-06, 00:18
oh deary me dukert,u are in a fret aren't you.firstly did u pinch my health file??ha ha ha!I have the exact same symptoms and have been put on nexiom 4 the pain in my chest and back[a heart attack right?]My pain mirrors yours,only mine is in the left side under my ribs and in my back and moving under my shoulder blade!i think it is wind ,plain and simple,and a sore tum from all the acid we make as we are always stressing about it!Does it somtimes feel like it is taking your breath away?Isnt it vile??!!you are not alone ,we are all here with our fears and veryreal pain.keep in touch if it helps,my pain and i are always here!God bless.Mary-Rose.xxx

dukert
23-02-06, 18:18
Mary Rose

You believe I am a fretter?? How accurate you are!! I tend to worry a lot...I try not to, but it's a battle. Do you ever havea dry cough on and off from the Gerds???

Thanks.

God bless.

Duke

dth

gismo
23-02-06, 21:12
Duke I am sorry you have so many problems ,I have "ME" and fibromyligia and its in both arms and shoulders all the time,
My panic is in the mornings as the day goes on i start to feel better love carol

polly a
23-02-06, 21:15
hi there duckert, i am just going thro the same symptoms as you plus a really swollen belly on and off,had liver test ect all come back normal waiting for pancrease tested and a scan,i lost most my family and parents at a young age to cancer,so i know how you feel and in the back of my mind im thinking cancer of the ovary or pancreas,but ive had fears like this before then felt daft when its gone ,just a case of the old anxiety,im hoping lol.all the best pollyxx

p appleyard

polly a
23-02-06, 21:16
hi there duckert, i am just going thro the same symptoms as you plus a really swollen belly on and off,had liver test ect all come back normal waiting for pancrease tested and a scan,i lost most my family and parents at a young age to cancer,so i know how you feel and in the back of my mind im thinking cancer of the ovary or pancreas,but ive had fears like this before then felt daft when its gone ,just a case of the old anxiety,im hoping lol.all the best pollyxx

p appleyard

dukert
24-02-06, 16:15
Polly...I hope your tests come out well?? Why are they checking the pancreas??? Do we have symptoms common to a problem there? Do you have IBS or Gerds?? Have you been dignosed with these?? I have been told my symptoms are common to IBS and Gerds but I just don't know...it's so frustrating...God Bless.

dth

Paddington
25-02-06, 15:28
hi dukert,mary-rose here,we do have things in common,i have ibs,and acid reflux,swollen belly is due to wind!all these symptoms are real and painfiul,but are due to stress and anxiety.i too ,like polly,lost my dad, my gramps,3 uncles to cancer,and i had it 4 years ago[so far so good]it had nothing to do with my tum or digestion.i actually had gall stones in my 20's,way b4 any anxiety illness!i had to have a big operation and have it taken out!So as all the tests i have had over the years of having stress have been clear,i have to assume that it is anxiety that causes it.this helps me Dukert,maybe you could try to relax and say to yourself,if i was suffering with a terminal illness,it's been going on 4 so long i would probably be dead by now!That's what i do,i also shout at my symptoms,sounds mad i know,but i do!i tell them to b####r off,to leave me alone,great stress release,try it it just may help!xxxxxx

Paddington
25-02-06, 15:34
oh to answer your question about the dry cough,yes i do have days of a horrid dry cough[one of my new symptoms,which i assumed was lung cancer!]it comes and goes so i have decided to ignore it,i think it when the eseophagus is inflamed with acid,it makes us cough!M.R. X

newbee
26-02-06, 19:11
Hi! I'm, only 27, but I feel much older b/c of all my symptoms. I know this is a personal question but do your testes ever feel sore. Anyway that's one of my biggest fears. I think I have something call Orchitis and apparently theres no real cure for it, but when it acts up it takes down my whole system. My breathing is tight, I get a dry cough, I get sinisitis, glaucoma like feeling in the eyes and heart beat is rapid and my groin area is in real pain. Yesterday I had the worst case of the chills. I had my testes checked for cancer but they didn't find anything, but I just dont trust all the doctors or scan operaters. Just started meds and now I'm worried about those affects on my body. Sure were hypocondriacs, but look how many people die from illness everyday. I just want mine maybe to be caught early.

By the way what state are you in Dukert?

dukert
09-03-06, 12:05
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. I have these fears....Dr. is running all kinds of blood work...said he thinkis I am ok, but mentioned something about sometimes a lesion can cause this type of pain??? Now I am really in a tail spin!!?? The resident siad he thought it was just muscle skeltal?? I am confused.

By the way, I have no ache in the testicles...and I live in Georgia. I am stressseed.

God bless to you all.

dth

Paddington
09-03-06, 15:41
oh dear Dukert,i am sorry to hear the dr has you running scared.They do let these comments pop out not understanding that when you suffer with health anxiety it makes you think u must be terminally ill!Please focus on the positive mails you have recieved re-read them and absorb the fact that we cant ALL be on our way out!!!!!Look at the welcome forum and read first steps,if u have already read it ,read it again.it helps to know that soooooo many people have the exact same symptoms!Keep us informed over the blood tests.God bless.mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Silly Blonde
09-03-06, 15:57
Hi - I suffer from IBS (either running to the loo or totally blocked up), bad tummy pains, lower back ache, and pain between my shoulder blades in my back. I only have one symptom at any one time - so last week I convinced myself I had ovarian cancer - with a huge tumour growing inside me. I had an ultrasound and it was totally clear! PS I used to take Nexium but they made my hair thin out - so now I just take Gaviscon (the thick variety!!)

I get what I call heartburn most of the time - but when I am busy at work, or out for lunch - it goes away.....!!! Nasty things don't come and go!! Just keep telling yourself that!

If your Dr mentioned a lesion - this could be US speak for ulcer - these can be very very common in your gullet, because unlike the stomach, the gullet has no lining - as we worry and stress, our adrenalin goes sky high, we produce more stomach acid, which flies up our gullet and quite literally burns it. This can cause immense pain (as I know!!!) - if you are worrying this causes the tension to increase. I have a massage once a week and I always have very knotty shoulder blades - 'cos I am always tense!

Try not to worry - your docs over the pond are far more "cautious" than our docs over here - if they had any doubts they would tell you!!! There really isn't any point putting yourself through loads of tests, when deep down you know that this is not organic!! Reassurance seeking is ok in the short term, but after each test is clear, you notice different symptoms and move on to the next disease.....!!

I've been there once, and nearly slipped back over the last few weeks. The bully in my head is NOT going to win!!!!

Take care, you will be fine. As my therapist told me this morning, the sooner you accept that this is pure and simple health anxiety, the sooner you will be able to move on and put this behind you.

SB x