PDA

View Full Version : fear of being like my mother

Rachel_123
26-07-10, 16:53
i know that sounds absolutly horrible but please try and understand,

my mother is depressed and has chronic anxiety and is an alcoholic (used to be recovered but not back in recovering stage). She also abuses medication such as sleeping tablets, cold and flu and bromazopam.

She has had several falls in which she has split her head open and im the only one there to find and take care of her.

point is,

i sometimes have terrible thoughts that i will turn out exactly like her, i mean, i already have the anxiety down, so whats stopping me getting addicted to alchohol and living a horrible life?

can anyone else relate to this?

Vixxy
26-07-10, 17:19
I think the fact youve not resorted to substance abuse already is a pretty good indicator that you never will.

Rachel_123
26-07-10, 17:31
I think the fact youve not resorted to substance abuse already is a pretty good indicator that you never will.

yeah vixxy i guess your right. but then i can't help think that if it does get worse maybe i'll find a new weakness in myself. it scares me to think that i could ever be that way.

ajones473@yahoo.com
31-10-12, 13:29
My mother had chronic depresion & heart disease, & Iv`e always been scared of ending up like her. It always used to upset me when people said that I looked like her because I believed that if I took after her in appearance, then I would take after her in every other way too.