PDA

View Full Version : ocd with bowel

bronte
26-07-10, 17:15
does anyone have a compulsive habit in checking down the toilet and toilet paper after a bowel movement for blood i do suffer from ha as well but this is more my ocd it is ruling my life because im convinced i can always see blood i have had cbt but ti hasnt really helped me i just wandered if anyone else has this problem x

calm
26-07-10, 23:44
hi bronte....oh my love....what a nightmare.....i have crohns disease and my life for sometime has been blighted with toilet issues!
it is very very rare i must say to have blood.....maybe speak with your gp and he will be able to help.
let me assure you, you would probably be getting other symptoms if anything was wrong....but go and see your gp xxxxx i know this is not much help but please please please lets break this habit xxxxx

bronte
27-07-10, 15:42
i have been to the doctors many times i even had a clear colonoscopy 2 and half years ago he just said internal piles doctor says i should stop looking down the toilet because piles do bleed from time to time and i dont no if it is blood or my health anxiety making things out that isnt there which i no can happen with health anxiety

pollyanna
27-07-10, 16:21
i am the same, since i had a freak out in december, my pyschiatrist actually said that she would never usually say to anyone not to be vigiliant, but in my case i was to stop looking , it was making me ill, i have to say i still l ook, but i have progressed and got a bit better, because i used to look VERY closely, im sure no one wants me to elaborate, but you get the jist of it, even when i was doing it i knew normal folk just dont do this kind of thing. but it is so hard to break that habit, and it would distress me so much, having ibs and HA, is just a nightmare along with this sort of thing.

:hugs: P x

bronte
28-07-10, 00:23
thankyou pollyanna im glad im not the only one and ive also been told by my doctor not to look and by my therapist but its so hard but ive got to stop it because it ruling my life x

lorraine
04-08-10, 18:22
hi bronte

i do the same thing every morning stare down the toliet looking for blood. I did have a polp about 3yrs ago removed that was cancerous which i did really freak out about!!!! I have had a colonoscopy 18mths ago and got the all clear. I do really try not to look down the toliet and invesigate but find it really hard not too and it has become an obsession.

anyway if you did have anything wrong they would of picked it up on the colonoscopy for definate. so try not to worry. I hope it makes you feel better knowing i do the same thing.

lorraine

HazG
03-09-10, 10:04
Gosh i know how you feel my mum passed away with bowel cancer this year and i have become convinced i have it too,it has made me so ill thinking about it,i had a dreadfull time after.i have become a little better buts its always in my mind.

pete24
07-09-10, 20:53
know exactly how you feel ....my record is forcing myself 22 times to go in one day,you can imagine how sore and blood then came but you cannot convcince yourself it is because one strains so much