PDA

View Full Version : Clicking Noise In Back of Head When Moving Or Talking?

Freemoon
26-07-10, 19:51
I'll start off by saying I have pretty bad anxiety. I freak out about a lot of things and health wise, even just a simple muscle spasm can turn into a huge panic for me. I am pretty much in a constant state of worry except for when I'm asleep. Even then I have nightmares at times that freak me out so much I obsess over them. Like one time I had a dream and in the dream for some reason there was a number. I literally had convinced myself something bad was going to happen in that many days. Death or some other serious thing.

I'm not exactly sure the exact area it comes from, because it varies. When I turn my head most of the time I hear a clicking sound. When I talk I also I have it, after I finish talking. I hope it isn't coming from my brain. When I open my mouth I don't have it though. It's like the act of talking makes it click also. What could this be? I've had it for a few weeks and I went to the doctors, but they said it was my jaw even though I don't feel anything in my jaw area at all.

I am really freaked out about it and have had a few panic attacks and probably many near panic attacks just because of this alone.

Sometimes I also sorta feel the clicking in the sides of my head. In the upper area.

There is no pain when I hear the clicking noise, but like I said I have freaked out about it a lot and am constantly obsessing over it.

I don't know if this is connected or not, but I have had a ringing in both ears for a few months now. It never went away. I am supposed to get my inner ear x rayed in a few weeks. Sometimes I also feel as if the clicking is coming from my ear area.

shinderuko
26-07-10, 19:56
I used to have a similar thing as you. It just started and then went all of a sudden.

JaJa
26-07-10, 20:05
I have had that too, for years, on and off, not so much lately though, but when you turn your head or talk alot there is a click click at the back of your head, nothing to worry about!!