PDA

View Full Version : Should I increase?

momof3boys
27-07-10, 04:28
I have been taking citalopram for about 9 weeks, I started off with 5 mg for about 10 days and then went to 10mg and could feel a difference, but the last 2 weeks or so, I have been feeling anxious, nervous and verrrry tired...also restless legs and insomnia. I was thinking of slowly cutting down and getting off of them totally but the more I think about it, I am wondering if maybe I need to go to a higher dosage? I have no clue how to tell if I need to and my dr called in to pharmacy and put me up to 15mg and told me if I feel I need to increase, I can do the 15 mg to see how I feel. Anyone have any idea if maybe thats why I am feeling crappy again? Or do you think it is the med making me feel this way? I am afraid to go to a higher dose if its gonna make me worse, but in some ways think it may help....any suggestions?

JT69
27-07-10, 12:29
Hi momof3boys,

I think that you may need an increase in the citalopram. 10mg is a very low dose whereas 20mg is a more thereputic one. It is difficult to tell if you will feel worse before feeling better as we are all different when it comes to experiencing the side effects, hopefully as you have been taking it for some time you should be o.k. but the benefits of taking the citalopram far out-weigh the side effects...so please try and persevere.

Hope this helps if not why not make an appointment and discuss with your gp??

Take care
Jo.xx