PDA

View Full Version : meds

andy13
27-07-10, 10:44
hi there for the last two weeks i have thinking every day that im having a heart attack and just been put on bedranol does it help and how long until it is in your system.

nomorepanic
27-07-10, 10:46
Hi andy13

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
27-07-10, 14:07
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: paige x

vicky23
27-07-10, 15:41
hi I can sympathise I went through the same phase and I didn't really start to get better until I went on propranolol which is a beta blocker and I started to realise ok these palpitations and everything are just anxiety.
I don't know about the drug you mentioned but I hope you can be encouraged by the fact that a lot of people on here have the same fear that something is wrong with their heart. It's a perfectly natural thing because fear produces a lot of the symptoms of a heart attack: palpitations,chest pain, nausea, tiredness, breathlessness, dizzyness and so it's a viscious circle fear=symptoms=more fear
if you can convince yourself that these sensations are just anxiety and nothing more (has your Dr confirmed that your heart is ok and this is just anxiety?) it should get better.
best wishes

andy13
27-07-10, 16:08
thank for the support vicky yeah i was in hospital overnight and all my tests were fine

vicky23
27-07-10, 16:12
if you can get a copy of Dr Claire Weekes 'self help for your nerves' I think that might help you.
I got a copy from my library and while it's quite outdated in some of the language etc there's some really useful points there so it's certainly worth a read