PDA

View Full Version : health related....bowels.....

calm
27-07-10, 11:00
can i just ask......at the moment i am visiting the toilet alot.....if i take my tablet and open my bowels will the tablet pass through and i wont see any benefits....i am in panic mode that i am taking my tablets but they are not being absorbed.....can anyone shed any light on this.
thanking you in anticiptation xxxx

Dahlia
27-07-10, 17:03
I don't know the answer for sure, as I wondered it myself before when I had bad tummy trouble. However, I took my meds last thing before bed, when my stomach had settled down for the night - which meant they had a chance to be absorbed. Is that an option for you?

Dahlia

calm
27-07-10, 20:35
im seeing the doctor on friday and you know what i will ask that question....thank you so much dahlia so much appreciate your message xxxxx

ElizabethJane
28-07-10, 16:10
Dear Calm please don't worry. It does depend on what medication you are on. Anti depressants usually build up in your body over a number of weeks. A day or two should not affect your meds level in your body. I am on lithium which is different and does require special monitoring. If I was ill for a number of days I would consult my doctor. In the meantime drink plenty as you are losing fluid from your bowels and do not want to get dehydrated. EJ.