PDA

View Full Version : Ferriton levers?

carli
27-07-10, 14:03
hello all, i have been getting skipped heartbeats fro over a week and had various issues for over a year. I went drs this morning and see a new dr who said that my last set of blood test (may) showed ferriton level 24, now my old gp's have alsways said above 60 but this one that ordered the bloods said as long as its above 20 despite me tring to inform him of my history of low ferritomn :lac: So any way the locum that i see this morning is suggeting this be cause of some of the problems? Is 24 low?

Does anyone have any info on this please? xxxxx

Vanilla Sky
27-07-10, 14:32
It is within the normal range , if it was to low your doctor would have given you iron tablets to take . Did he say you have anemia ? Low iron can cause palpitations

carli
27-07-10, 14:37
Hi paige, the locum tday said it was on the low side and gave me iron tabs. x

Vanilla Sky
27-07-10, 23:23
You will begin to feel better taking the iron and it will help with the skipped beats
:) Paige x

blueangel
28-07-10, 09:07
The other thing that's supposed to help with skipped heartbeats is potassium - and the easiest way to get this is from bananas. I've eaten one almost every day for ages and it does seem to help.

carli
28-07-10, 13:29
Thanks girls xxx :hugs:

Lissy43
28-07-10, 16:26
I have low ferritin levels, it is currently at around 22 and I have been taken off iron, although my GP used to say he wanted it over 50 before he stopped the iron. Never mind.