PDA

View Full Version : Dont been likes watched at work anyone got any advice? Thank you.

Becky210788
27-07-10, 17:38
I suffer from socail anxiorty and unfortunatly this affcects me during my job i do take each day as it comes and have good and bad days but i usualy can manage to get on with these. Just today though ive been told that someone is interseted in doing the same job as me and wants to watch me for a few weeks which has made me so anxious because i dont want to be anxious infront of them im affarid of showing all the anxiorty problems e.c.t shaking is the worse. If anyone has any advice i would be so greatfull.

Becky210788
27-07-10, 20:29
Please can anyone give me some advice?

onceagain
27-07-10, 20:35
hi Becky

Have you spoken to your employer about this.. I am the same in every respect I don't like to feel watched I can do a job or function just fine as soon as I'm watched I go to pieces and act like a fool who cannot do anything, even if it is a friend or colleague watching me.

Be honest with your employer and see if there is a way round it.. that will be something that you can cope with alternatively you could just make light and if you make a hiccup laugh it off and say I'm sorry but I go to pieces if I feel watched and you will find that they will say exactly the same back, once the ice has been broken it might make you relax.. or say it before you start, maybe if certain jobs need to be done ask them to participate so their attention is not solely on you maybe even ask them to perform the task whilst you watch... nothing like getting your own back hee hee.

Good luck and let us know how you got on x

absentia
28-07-10, 11:10
I hate being watched too. In my old job I had to show a few people what to do and its never easy and so embarassing when things go wrong. I hope all goes well for you. Good luck :)