PDA

View Full Version : Meds change terrified !!!!!

linworth
27-07-10, 20:57
HI,

I have posted about my awful time i have had due to increasing my sertraline from 50 mg to 100mg, dont even want to write down the experience, anyway i was on the increase for 3 weeks, was told to go back down to my original dose of 50mg immediately, which i did on saturday, my huge, huge panic/anxiety attacks have subsided, fingers crossed, but i feel very very frightened after what happened and very depressed. I would rather feel how i felt before the increase ! anyway my doc has told me to stay on my 50mg (which i have been on for 5 years) till friday, then have two cold turkey days and then change to 10mg cit, i am absolutely terrified, even that word doesnt sound strong enough, i cant carry on like this, but the fear of the unknown is awful, has anyone done a switch like this? if yes how was the experience? also will i be suffering withdrawels from the drop in dose?
Thanks lynne

gregcool
27-07-10, 21:23
Hi lin
Im so sorry to hear the pain you are suffering/
i cant say iv had anything to compare with you ,,,someone will come allong soon with some reasurance for you with the same excperance you have.
but just want to say we are allways hear even if you just want to talk and get things out into the open
..hold on in there be strong ..take care...Greg

JT69
28-07-10, 09:18
Hi Lynne,

Sorry that you have been feeling so awful hun....I have never taken sertraline before so not sure about the change etc but I wouldn't think it should be too bad as both belong to srri's type. I certainly hope that it will go smoothly for you hun. I took citaopram on and off for around 9 years before this time taking mirtazipine and it really helped me.

I just wanted to wish you well and say please keep posting and we will support you where we can. Just think better days ahead!!!

Take care hun.
Jo.xx

linworth
28-07-10, 18:50
HI

Thanks jo, well been back to doctors today, because felt i was worse, but as soon as i was out of the house, i felt better, i know half of this is in my head ! i actually went to the docs for diazapam! she refused to give it to me, saying i had to work through this, the mad thing is this morning i was in a right state, very desperate for it all to go away, its pure panic. So, i have made a concious decision to take control back again and stop obsessing (spell) that i have depression, and fight this fear that my life is over, when in reality its not! I have had an awful scare with the meds increase, and i hope the memories will fade. The doctor has put my counselling down as urgent, as she thinks this is what i need, as like she said, i walked in like a zombie, but had put perfume and mascara on and also when distracted can smile ! We have both decided that i will stick to my normal 50mg till next week, and see if i settle down, rather than do a med swop. I am determined to beat this for my kids if nothing else ! xxxxxxxxxxx

JT69
28-07-10, 19:31
Hi Lynne,

Good for you...you have the right determination to win this battle. Shame your GP didnt give you some diazepam...even just on a temporary basis to help you until the conselling comes along. I am still waiting for mine??? So out of order...I know and appreciate that there are people who are worse than I am but I have been waiting for almost 5 months now.

I wish you all the best hun....keep me posted how you go.

Take care
Jo.xx