PDA

View Full Version : CBT

clairebear1987
27-07-10, 22:34
Hello :)

I have my first CBT session next week and i was wonder from other peoples experiances what goes on? what is it like? does it help?

Im even more nervous at the fact my therapist is really young and so so hot and i have to sit there and do what ever the therapy session intails infront of him lol

thank you

claire

:)

anthrokid
28-07-10, 02:52
Amazing :) Definitely very helpful!

And lucky you! A hot therapist! :yahoo:
You'll have even more to look forward to in your sessions!

amosxchick
02-08-10, 15:37
Good luck with your first session and not getting too distracted by your hot therapist, I've had around 7 sessions of it so far and the best thing about it is the fact its tailored around you. I've found that although I have only had 7 of them it changes your way of thinking and why you do what you do when you have a panic attack. I have found that my therapist is so nice and understanding which really puts me at ease.

All the best with it.

aimee.

lizzie29
02-08-10, 19:33
Hey

I've had CBT and found it really helped. It's basically just about negative thoughts you have, and then evidence for and against them, and how to change them into positive thoughts.
E.g. you might think "I can't do this" but what's the evidence you can't? How can you change that into something positive such as, I've done this before, it was fine, I'm in control, etc etc.

Good luck with the hot therapist ;)