PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux/Heartburn

daydreamer
27-07-10, 22:51
Hi everyone.

I have started to have really bad heartburn again after it not being so bad for a while. Im now wondering if its from reflux or burning from dryness as Ive had a really dry mouth for a while now. I have had xrays and it didnt show any swelling or hernia or anything, I keep going on about it but seen a GI doc and he basically just said its anxiety. I know that anxiety causes it, but if I cant get rid of it how am I ever not going to be anxious about it?! LOL!

So Im just wondering if any of you guys, when your anxiety eased did your reflux then ease too? or are there some people like me who have seen an improvement in anxiety yet no improvement in reflux?

Thanks x

dodo
27-07-10, 22:57
I know what you mean about how are you going to get over it if you're anxious about it and that causes it. I feel the same way.

I have spates of really bad indigestion recently. I;m not convinced mine isn't hormone related but I'm not sure if that is possible, as it always seems worse at certain times of the month.

I find bicarb of soda works really well for acid for me. I have never been a fan of gaviscon and ranitidine never worked for me.