PDA

View Full Version : Seroxat VS Citalopram for derealization?

Jeffro
28-07-10, 11:18
Hi!

Have just started taking Seroxat again, last time i endulged was about 10 or so years ago. One of my main symptoms was and is derealization, spaced out feelings etc. The last time I took Seroxat it really helped with that symptom and the side effects were not to bad either, thats why my doc suggested the same again.

Anyway day 3 of taking it and i am feeling super spaced out! weird, confused etc. I know it makes you worse before its gets better so im holding tight. Just wondered if anyone else has had success for this symptom with Seroxat or Citalopram, I was offered Citalopram and was wondering if that may have been the wiser choice???

Thanks!

Kerry B
28-07-10, 20:58
Hi I am back on Seroxate was on it 15 years ago but it stopped working for me then. Ive been back on it now for 4 weeks and am now on 30mg. I started off on 20mg and I did feel worse before I felt better, its seemed about 14 days before I felt any relief, I am a lot better than I was but still in early stages, my advice would be stick with them. I was given some diazapam 2mg to take until the tablets started to work.
I have tried other tablets and none have worked for me like seroxate.
Good luck
Kerry

Jeffro
29-07-10, 09:41
Thanks Kerry!

I worked well 12 years ago so i am confident it can help me now, these next 2 weeks arnt gonna be that much fun though, mornings are horrible, still worth it in the long run!

Jeffro