PDA

View Full Version : oh god.....

calm
28-07-10, 11:36
my anxiety is getting so bad today.....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
have taken my tablet but visited the loo about an hour ago and so scared that it will not be absorbed into my body!
if anyone is out there i am desperate for some words of comfort....i am on cit 20mg been on since 9th july this year and it does not seem to be getting into my system at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MidnightCalm
28-07-10, 12:06
how is it bad, what're you experiencing?x

Micko
28-07-10, 12:47
It's awful have you tried anything else benzo's for short term or cipralex

ladybird64
28-07-10, 12:58
Hi Tracey :)

Firstly I'm not sure if you have had a read of this :
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980 but if not it may give you some relief to see that these are not unusual feelngs at all.

I'm on Citalopram too, I was put on it for depression and luckily didn't have any massive side-effects although my anxiety was certainly very very high for the first few weeks.

The medication will be absorbed into your system hun, it's because you're scared of how bad you feel that you are worried it may have passed straight through you..it hasn't. :)

I know how terrible it is to feel like this, particularly when you are certain you have lost the plot and you're going stark raving mad but I promise you that you're not. I know it's no good telling you to relax because when you are this stressed it seems impossible, what you can do is to start making little changes to help you get through this difficult period.

Take 10 mins to yourself and either concentrate on your breathing, making an effort to breathe slowly and calmly or try relaxing your shoulders (I guarantee they are tense!)..take slow deep breath and when you breathe out let your shoulders flop down.

Even taking 10 mins to do something like this lets you focus on something you CAN do to help yourself..I didn't believe I needed to de-stress like this, that it wouldn't make any difference but it does.
Just need to practice it often. :)

I noted in one of your other posts that you have a child with medical concerns that are worrying you a lot at the moment, I have a daughter with special needs who has had a lot of medical issues over the years (she is now 20) so I know what it's like to be on a "knife edge".

If you ever want to PM me, I can try and help, am also available just to listen.

Take care :flowers:

calm
28-07-10, 14:18
thank you so much for your replies....i am experiencing complete and utter panic....daughter of school - i cannot go out and she is in her bedroom bored!!!!!!!!!!! i feel a complete and utter failure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i havent tried anything else with cit but i am cing my gp on friday xxxx thank you i will discuss with him.
ladybird...thank you for your email....no i have not read but i will - thank you xxxx i understand what you are saying and i will shortly go for a walk with my dog....fresh air is a benefit isnt it and a change of scenery.
i dont know how to private message.....can u please advise xxxxx as you have a child who has certain needs it is such a comfort that i am not alone...thank you ladybird.
once again thank youuuuuuuuu one and all for your posts i will re-read again and again xxxxx thank you xxxxx

calm
28-07-10, 14:58
ladybird thankyou for answering the question re: absorbtion xxxx it has put my mind at rest.....ladybird it has right now....but you know how it is.....if i start thinking again...no no no no no.....it has been absorbed....and it will start to take affect sooner rather than later.
thank you xxxxxx

mumoftwo
28-07-10, 15:03
Hi Calm.

I totally relate to what your going through. Ive been on my meds now (venlafaxine) for 15 weeks and i dont think they are making a difference. The pdoc told me these are the meds he gives out when others arnt working (ive tried 2 different ones in the past 18 months) Im at my wits ends and going back to see him on Monday.

I broke down crying in work today, very embarrassing. Anxiety so high i had to take a diazapam which calmed me a bit.

You are not alone, there are so many people who suffer from this crappy illness.

Thinking of you

mumoftwo

JT69
28-07-10, 15:31
Hi Calm,

When you visit your GP ask if he/she will prescribe you some diazepam short term just to help until the citalopram start to work. When I took this drug in the past I took diazepam when I needed and it just took the edge off the extra anxiety caused by side effects when first taking the meds. I also suffered with insomnia and had a low dose of zopiclone to help me sleep. The side effects will wear off and you will start to have better days hun...just takes time though. Please bear with it cos it will benefit in the end!!

Hope you feel at ease soon...totally know what you are going through.

Take care.
Jo.xx