PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get anxious about things they're looking forward to?

dodo
28-07-10, 12:54
I'm going on holiday for a couple of days soon and am mildly getting myself on edge about it, even though I am looking forward to it. Does anyone else get this?

A couple of months ago we'd planned a day trip out with our daughter and I was having panic attacks and breathing difficultlies before we set off and almost ruined the whole day because of it.

Shimakora
28-07-10, 13:01
Of course your anxious about it, since you are afraid of getting anxiety during the holiday, and you are used to having it.

Let yourself be anxious. Have an anxious holiday, but dont worry about it. Just as a person with a broken foots goes on the holiday with crutches, you can go on in your own way, difficult breathing or not, and accept yourself for not being so "normal".

MidnightCalm
28-07-10, 13:30
Yes, very, my mums asked me to go to this caravan site with her and a few others soon for a few days and I'm petrefied no end, thinking about saying no even though i've already said yes and would like to.x

davey
28-07-10, 14:14
Yes, anything i ever do I get anxious even its going to the pub with friends i look forward to it that much i get in a right state and im having palpitations by the time i get there. My therapist told/taught me to not be embarrased by anxiety and if you need to take a few minutes to sort yourself out no matter where you are or what your doing then do so.
You will be ok,have a great break

mumoftwo
28-07-10, 15:16
Hi dodo,

im just back from a 3 week holiday which i was dreading and would have cancelled if i could. I was great (apart from 4 days in the middle). Its now that im back home the anxiety is worse!!

Just you go and enjoy yourself, you might as well be anxious there as here, thats the way I looked at my holiday, at least i didnt have to get up and go to work etc

mumoftwo

paulaf
28-07-10, 15:19
Yeah Im always afraid of getting ill and having to cancel and lose money/ let people down or else go and be totally terrified and ill away from home. Just booked two nights in a hotel about 2 hours from home and feel bit of a sore throat coming on - typical, but will try to just get better and enjoy it.

JT69
28-07-10, 15:26
Hi dodo,

Yes, that me down to a tee!!! A lovely holiday booked in the sun 2 weeks away from everything and I suffer anxiety...usually starts a couple of days before...lasts until I settle there and then starts again when I'm due to return!!! So damm strange, cos I so look forward to it and then it gets the edge taken off it.

I went to Cornwall for a week back in April and suffered most of the time there...madness....am hoping one day to conquer it all!!!

Take care and easier said than done but try and enjoy...I so hope you do!!

Take care
Jo.xx