PDA

View Full Version : Fear of being pregnant

miskonnex
28-07-10, 15:32
my fear is not so much the being pregnant but my doing damage to a faetus by having a glass of wine, cup of coffee etc.
I go to great lengths, use condoms keep underwear on etc, but still worry about the tiny% chance I might be pregnant and consequently I live my life completely as if I am pregnant, just in case. this has been going on longer than a year.
I need some logical analogies from other life situations to help me balance my mind. please can anyone help.
I've had other forms of OCD and have battled with these in the same way which has lessened them a lot, but its not working with this later one, because death is involved and I feel I would be taking a risk.

katie23
29-07-10, 02:21
I've had this a little bit! I would convice myself I was pregnant!Take tests plan things because my OCD told me I was! Even though I known I wasnt!I simply just had to realise I wasnt and it was my OCD if i was a day late on my period that was it i was pregnant!
I was like you to! When I had a dream I was pregnant the next morning Id wake up thinking Im pregnant better nurse the faetus etc!Its crazy but it goes!

Chem
29-07-10, 02:34
miskonnex you don't say how old you are, or if you have any other health problems, but have you considered talking to your doctor about contraception more reliable than conoms, which might ease your fears? If you don't want to talk to your doctor you could go to your local Family Planning Clinic. It doesn't matter if you are single, they will help you.

Polly.S
29-07-10, 16:41
Isn't the fear of damaging the foetus and being pregnant pretty much the same thing? It is a statistically insignificant probability of you getting pregnant if your partner is wearing a condom and you keeping your underwear on and I wonder, is it the fear of becoming pregnant so as not to damage a foetus the greater significance here? It is a terrible dilemma and I can understand how you feel. Just a suggestion though, couldn't you take control and masturbate your partner so he doesn't feel bereft of sex but you can control what happens to any sperm?