PDA

View Full Version : GERD and Lung Scarring

Thinker
28-07-10, 15:53
Hi all

About 6 weeks ago I started getting a strange feeling under my neck and chin and occasional sore throat. I also had lots of mucus in my nose and throat and some swollen neck glands and a feeling of something in my throat. Dr thought it might be a throat infection and couldn't feel anything abnormal. Much the same a month later and next doctor said the same. Both asked if I had heartburn which I haven't but looking back I have had the odd chest pain.

Anyway, I looked up heartburn and up came GERD and acid reflux and all the symptoms matched. I have taken some tablets for it and it seems to have started to clear it up.

My worry now i that I am due to move abroad for work and have to have a chest x ray as part of immigration. GERD seems to cause lung scarring sometimes and I'm now really worried that this bout of acid reflux has caused scarring on my lungs and I'll fail the chest x-ray. I had a chest x ray 4 months ago to check everything was ok and it came back normal.

Does anyone know how how long lung scarring takes to form and how common it is after acid reflux?

Thanks in advance.

j2
28-07-10, 20:58
Please don't google your symptoms, you are only asking for trouble. As for lung scarring, it is extremely rare from what I understand and I am told that you would have many symptoms. Anyway, you are not going to fail your chest xray due to gerd. I hope you are doing well and good luck.