PDA

View Full Version : so much worse in the evenings

davelee
28-07-10, 17:28
why is my anxiety so much worse in the evenings.....

in the mourning can go shop,even into town but 5pm onwards its just so high??????

so hard to understand:unsure:

cwoz82
28-07-10, 20:20
Mine is worst in the evening and at night...throughout the day i think perhaps i've plenty to do to keep my mind occupied and come the evening those thoughts come back to me, mulling over the day. Things said, things done or not done, looks from other people, analysing the day, whether i'm aware of this or not.
The strange thing is also that perhaps i start to relax in the evenings and this is such an alien feeling that perhaps this sets off a state of panic/anxiety. I don't know if this is any help or if you can relate to me but you're not alone.

melvin
28-07-10, 20:30
i to get mine in the everning

Going home
28-07-10, 21:28
I think its because even though we're getting on with things during the day we still have alot of tension and this can exhaust us, so by the end of a busy day this catches up with us and our body reacts the only way it knows how. Its the reason even people who don't suffer with anxiety have a glass or two of alcohol in the evenings to unwind :)

Anna xx

louiseevans222
28-07-10, 21:59
I think its because our bodies get tired and tense throughout the day, thats why it gets to you probably in the night, I was the same aswell, mine used to get worse in the night...

Theres actually a few people that get it worse in the day???? I dont know why that is...

But again... everyones different...

Relax, I recommend meditation... checkout the link below, where you can download a powerful tool, that can help you with your anxiety...

All the Best

Louise Evans

LucyR
28-07-10, 23:05
Hi, Mine is bad morning and afternoon, and im a lot better in the evenings.

davelee
01-08-10, 13:15
and aslo i try to go out and push myself but its just the same weirdness feeling like im stumbling over my own two feet i thought the more you did it the easier it got its like it just dont wana leave me alone.

Deb284
01-08-10, 13:37
I suffer evenings too. Its almost like a 3pm start and just gets worse. Trying to watch the TV or read is almost impossible. I am so relieved when morning comes... You are not alone babe honestly :hugs:.

Deb x

jothenurse
01-08-10, 14:18
Mine is worse in the morning. I always wake up very panicky. Not sure why that is. I do wake up throughout the night with hot flashes (which I contribute mostly to menopause) but because my heart is faster then, I am anxious during that. I usually can fall back to sleep, but sometimes have to watch tv or read a little. But the mornings are always rough. By evening, I usually start feeling a lot better. I think in the morning I am thinking about the things I have to do that day - go to work, on weekends, go grocery shopping.

MarlaJ
01-08-10, 16:51
I used to find evenings were my bad time. Right around dinner time. My whole life, if I were to have anxiety, it was at the end of the day. Just started on Cipralex last week, and almost instantly got turned on my ear. I now wake up in a state. It feels like it takes me all day just to find some peace, some control. By dinner time I start to feel a little better, by evening I find some peace. I am exhausted come bed time, yet I don't want to go to sleep and have to start all over!!