PDA

View Full Version : heart beat reals really slow!!!!

kay1986
28-07-10, 18:35
Hi all, does anyone find when they are sat down there heart beat feels really slow and chest feels heavy, i can see my heart beating in my chest but it looks like it is beating really slow and makes me feel a little light headed!!!
am scared that it is going to stop beating and my daughter will be left without a mummy!!!!

Please HELP!!!!:weep:

sjr1969
28-07-10, 20:24
i have had this too, its a common anxiety symptom i think. Claire weekes book on anxiety has it as one of the symptoms too. Speak to your gp if you want some reassurance though x

sarah x

hannybun
28-07-10, 20:45
Hiya hon

The same as above if your worried speak to doc but its very common when i used to get them it scared the heck out of me but they are harmless over stimuation of vagus nerve xx very common in anxiety xx

dodo
28-07-10, 23:18
Have you taken your pulse when this happens? Anything between 60-100 is considered normal.

kay1986
28-07-10, 23:40
have taken my pulse dodo, its 76 so guess im just being paraniod, think is has a loot to do with what you are wearing and how tight or loose your clothing is to wether you notice your pulse!!!!, thanks for the advise x

playman44
28-07-10, 23:44
oh you are not alone with this one i have a pulse that goes from one end of the spectrum to the other lol sometimes its about 60,and other times its about 90,and guess what ,i woorry about all of it ,its just the anxiety trying to get its wicked way with you lol

zoe-22
04-08-10, 12:35
hi
your not alone im constantly aware of my heart beat sometime it beat really fast and hard and then some times beat quiet slow but i can constantly feel and see it in my chest and throat. i have had loads of test ecgs, bloods etc all are normal, guess it anxiety trying to get the better of us. if your worried go to the docs to get reassured just try to relax and not think about it (easier said than done i know) i hope your ok
zoe x :)

Typer
04-08-10, 12:40
Mine goes slow, especially if I sit too long. Its def part of the whole anx thing for me

harthadavis
04-08-10, 15:27
The resting heart rate of a normal person is 60-100 beats per minute (LPM). For a well-trained athletes, resting pulse is 40-60 beats / min bradycardia, applying to adult medicine, is defined as a resting heart rate is 60 beats per minute, although rarely is symptomatic until the fee is reduced to 50 rpm. Symptoms include fatigue, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting or light. Severe cases may require the installation of an artificial pacemaker in his chest.

SG
04-08-10, 18:44
I've been experencing this on and off for a while. My anxiety about it is at its worst today which is how I ended up wandering back here. It's weird how just reading other peopkle have experienced the same as you can help a little. I feel like my heart is beating too hard and too loud. I keep obsessivley checking my pulse and while it's always between 60-80, the number is never the same each time i check.

I can feel my hearbeat pulsing in my stomach and somewhere deep inside, like way too far down in my back or in my pelvis. I convinced myself that there's something down there.....(too scared to say the "c" word) and that's why I was feeling a pulse down there. I've been through every possibility in my mind from the "c" word, to high blood pressure, to hormone problems, to heart failure. At one point I was even convinced I'm starting the menopause ! Highly unlikely since I'm only 23 hah. I feel so crazy. Maybe I'm going slightly off topic.

Anyway, I find that concentrating in something else and breathing techniques have helped in the past.