PDA

View Full Version : Dr Claire Weekes

floatlikeabutterfly
21-02-06, 23:38
Please Please, look up this ladies books (Amazon or ebay). :D

nomorepanic
21-02-06, 23:55
Hi

It is widely recommended on here by most members as well.

Nicola

floatlikeabutterfly
22-02-06, 00:02
My apologies :D

** makes mental note to look harder next time **

BTW, congrats on your work here.

PurpleRain
22-02-06, 10:14
Hi floatlikeabutterfly!

Im interested in reading a claire weekes book but it seems she has written a few which one would you recommend?

Im looking for help for panic and agrophobia (cant leave the house alone)

Thanks if you can help and recommend one!!

x

floatlikeabutterfly
22-02-06, 19:08
Hi Purple

Most of her books are very similar - she has written on called Agoraphobia, but personally I bought one of everything she ever did (about 5 books).

If you look on Amazon, you will find what she has done.

The only one to really steer clear off is 'Latest help for your nerves' - that was the transcript of a series of lectures she did on a tour of hospitals for doctors.

If I was to be pinned down, go for ' Essential Help for your Nerves' and 'Agoraphobia'.

Hope this helps. :-)

PurpleRain
22-02-06, 20:39
Hi Butterfly!

Ive ordered "essential help for your nerves" now from amazon!

Im also really wanting to get the agrophobia book too,ill get that one when ive the money for it!

Ill look forward to reading it!

Thanks so much for that!!

xx

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 21:50
Try this

Reading for sufferers of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=reading)

Nicola

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 21:52
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">My apologies :D

** makes mental note to look harder next time **

BTW, congrats on your work here.

<div align="right">Originally posted by floatlikeabutterfly - 22 February 2006 : 00:02:42</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Hi

It wasn't a criticism atall - sorry if it came across that way. What I meant was that it is a highly recommended book so you are not wrong to promote it.

Sorry if I sounded rude atall and thanks for the kind comments:)

Nicola

floatlikeabutterfly
22-02-06, 22:08
Wasn't taken as a criticism - just apologising for wading in before looking :-)

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 22:15
Hey it takes time to find your way around the forum so you weren't to know

Glad she is helping you though.

Nicola

floatlikeabutterfly
22-02-06, 22:22
Glad she is helping you though.

In the obvious and also extremely unexpected ways. ;)

ANXIETY26
10-03-06, 11:20
I went and bought myself a Clare Weekes book on Wednesday (Essential help for your nerves). I've heared many people on here talking about her, especially Jackie. Your not a Rep Jackie are you?? Teasing!!! :) All I can say is that everyone who suffers with anxiety should have a copy. It's like being a Christian and not having a Bible if you have'nt. I've had so much reassurance from the book than I've had from this site beleive it or not!! The site has helped tremendously though. Thanks!

ANXIETY26
10-03-06, 15:58
Hi all

Apparently I've offended a few people with regards to my post here. All I was trying to say is that I have learned a lot more just by reading the first few chapters of Clare Weekes' book than I have spending a year on this forum. Is that such a bad thing to say?? Im just telling it how it is for me personally. Im not having a go at anyone!

Maybe I've come across all wrong as my Vocabulary is'nt as extensive as some users!

Sorry!

nomorepanic
10-03-06, 16:03
Hi Paul

I was wondering if it would be possible to make some notes on the things that you really gained from the book and post them on here. I have read her books a long time ago but there may be some things that others can relate to as well.

Everyone keeps saying how great she is and it would be good to list some of the things that she says that really help and people can relate to.

Just an idea anyway.

Nicola

ANXIETY26
10-03-06, 16:20
Hi Nicola

Im not suprised that you hear people saying how good she is. Personally I could relate straight away to a lot of the things she mentions. Gave me great reassurance!!!

When I have a few minutes I'll type up a few things that I could relate to myeslf. Then you can send me the £5.00 which will cover half the price off what I paid for the book :D

nomorepanic
10-03-06, 16:26
Thanks Paul

Ha ha - you want me to pay you now. If you bought it through my Amazon link then thanks as that helps the funds for the site. If not then never mind.

I look forward to reading it though.

Nicola

ANXIETY26
10-03-06, 17:09
I was just looking at the book and there are'nt any specific QUOTES I can relate to. I would type the whole book out but I'd be here till next week. I'd advise anyone who suffers with anxiety to get one anyway. Even you Trace, you'd learn a thing or two aswell :D

trac67
10-03-06, 17:31
Cheers for that Paul, I don't remember ever saying that I knew everything !!!!!!!........not to worry I will keep my advice to myself from now on eh!

Trac

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

ANXIETY26
10-03-06, 17:36
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Thanks Paul

Ha ha - you want me to pay you now. If you bought it through my Amazon link then thanks as that helps the funds for the site. If not then never mind.

I look forward to reading it though.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 10 March 2006 : 16:26:03</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

No, I bought it from a Bookstore but this post may help people think about buying it through your link and that's more resources for the site! Way hey!!!!!!

ANXIETY26
10-03-06, 17:38
Oh Trace, dont take it personally! Your advice is so much beter than Clare Weekes, and your much prettier aswell!! Ha! Ha!:D

PurpleRain
13-03-06, 10:11
Hi!
Well ive been reading the claire weekes book (essential help for your nerves) and i have to say its such a fab and really reassuring read!
I agree with anxiety26 everyone who suffers with anxiety or nervous illness should have one (infact they should issue everyone with anxiety related illness one free on the nhs!!!) Ive learnt so much from reading this book and i cant help but think if i had this book ten years ago when my anxiety started id have had the reasurrance and understanding i needed and i wouldnt be in the situation im in now!
She writes and describes so well how our nerves become sensitized after suffering with anxiety and why our bodies and thoughts react the way they do!
How we fear the panic which only makes our panic symptoms worse because our nerves are so sensitized!
Im trying now to accept my panic sympoms and float through them instead of trying to fight them!! It is hard though!
But anyway I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK! If i do follow her advice i strongly believe ill be on the right road to recovery!

Have you been following her advive anxiety26 and if so how are you doing with it?

And big thanks to butterfly for recommending this book its been such a great help!!!

xx

poppy
20-03-06, 19:54
Hi,
I agree too, Claire weekes is great and i hardly ever put her book down. Its a good thing to have, even when you have read it you can still refer back to it when things get tough.
I dont think i would have managed the steps i have made without it.
Take care
Poppy