PDA

View Full Version : toilet issues (icky) help

miss_moose
28-07-10, 21:47
I have suffered with stomach cramps and diareah for about 9 years, my mum thinks it's ibs.
I have an eating issue too which i think is a massive factor, i have a fear of food and although i'm now able to eat mash potatos with red cabbage or beans for a little evening snack, i'm eating LOADS of bread in the day for all my mail meals and snacks. i'm always hungry which my doctor says is phsychological but i dont think it is, i retch if i get too hungry.
So i'm think my very poor bready diet is a huge factor in my diarreah problems.
It used to only ever happen in the middle of the night, this past year though it's happening any time of the day.
I'm under alot of stress at the moment with moving house and waiting for the nurse to come and take my bloods to check my thyroid teblets are at the right level.
(ive been panicking constantly for about 2 or 3 weeks), waking up having panic attacks, and everytime i panic it makes my tummy and bottom feel crampy and loose.

I've had diareah really bad this past 3 or 4 days especially, i cant even remember the last time i had a normal stool.
I'm dreading going to the toilet because its got to the point where my bottom feels all pin pricky and agony, it's also bleeding a little now.
I've been in tears about it and i'm in tears now because i'm so frightend to go again and i need to butu it's just too painful.
There's not alot of blood, but theres little smears of it on the toilet paper when i wipe myself.

If i were normal i'd go to the doctor but i'm extremely agoraphobic and social phobic, my usual doctor has left the surgery, i used to talk to her on the phone and she would come out and see me or arrange for the nurse to come but were having difficultys with that now and i'm too afraid to speak to another doctor incase they make me go into the surgery, or worse still, hospital.
Any reassurance or advice?

paulaf
28-07-10, 21:53
Hi miss moose, sorry to hear that you are suffering. I posted something similar under the 'phobias' section called 'toilet phobia', you might find it of interest to read the trail. My main problem with anxiety is that it goes straight to my bowels and I have had diarrhea every day for the past few weeks. This makes me more panicky about going out the house, which makes me need the toilet...its a vicious cycle. I have started occasionally taking imodium when I am going somewhere that it would be difficult to find a toilet. I would suggest there might be another doctor you could talk to and explain your agoraphobia, I don't think any doctor would try to force you to go into the surgery, but it will put your mind at rest to talk to someone. Good luck x