PDA

View Full Version : Brand New - Anybody have luck with Seroquel?

mauleriii
29-07-10, 04:15
Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing panic attacks and anxiety for a long time. I have had some success with antidepressants...so good, I have often quit them because I was sure I was cured!

Lately, anxiety and a terrible depression landed on me again. I was so frustrated because I thought it was gone for good! It felt hopeless! I reached out to a mental health crisis line for the first time last week and I had a psychological assessment today. I am told that I have OCD tendencies, anxiety and present bipolar-like symptoms...I was just prescribed Seroquel XR. I just picked up my prescription an hour ago. Of course, since I have anxiety AND I read the warnings, I am scared crapless to take it. Subsequently, I have looked for positive feedback on the internet and wound up here.
My dose is 50mg three times a day and that is the ONLY medication I have been prescribed.

Can anybody here tell me about their success with this medication?
I really need some encouragement. Thank you.

diane07
29-07-10, 04:18
Hi mauleriii

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
29-07-10, 12:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Kerry B
29-07-10, 14:56
Hiya I am on the same medication but only take 25mg at bed time, I suffer with GAD and Panic Disorder but also take Seroxate as well.

When I first started taking this medication is really made me so drowzy I sleep really well but the drowzy does where off once you keep taking them and they have helped me.

Good Luck

mauleriii
31-07-10, 18:23
Thank you...I do feel drowsy and looking forward to that going away.