PDA

View Full Version : dont know why i even try...

bradley
22-02-06, 00:10
hey guys,

uhhh.. about a weel ago i started to feel a whole lot better and started to feel like my old self again, which was great considering that i am quite tired of this whole anxiety thing. well, about a day ago all of my symptoms came back almost as quickly as they had came, and i was throun back into the same revolution of anxiety and negitive thoughts.

this really started to open my eyes to something... me trying to fight this anxiety seems almost pointless, because i have talked to many people on this site that have had their anxiety for over 20 years. all of this just leads me to belive that there IS no way out and we are all just fooling ourselfs.

i know alot of you may just think that i am being a pesimist by talking about the hopelessness of this whole situation, but to me that is not how it is because i just know that i will never fully recover from this and i will live the rest of my life with anxiety. im only 15 and my anxety symptoms are not that severe YET, but what will stop me from becomeing a full-on closet case, never leaving my room and too scared to go out to get the mail....

i know you guys dont want to hear me rant about this, but this is just my opinion and i was hopeing some of you could prove me otherwise.

i just hope i wont be on this site 20 years from now talking about this same crap.

Thank you all

Brad.

tnt808
22-02-06, 00:48
Brad,

Please don't say there is no hope. I think that's what keeps us all here. We're banking on the fact that there is. I know I am! It is hard, and extremely frustrating, but the light at the end of the tunnel will keep us going.
I know of no quick fix, I wish I did. All I can hope for is that one day I will be looking back on this time and realize that I have grown from all of it. Maybe not "cured" but having learned something from it would be a huge accomplishment.
Just please hang in there and continue your fight. Because it is worth it!!

Take Care of You,
Tina

ItWillPass
22-02-06, 01:50
Hi Brad

To be honest, I have had the same thought as you. I am also somewhat young (24) and I just cannot imagine living the rest of my life like this. I honestly do not feel like I have the strength to do it. But, I have come to realize that there is hope. Firstly, while I HATE anxiety... I think that it has truly made me a better person. I am very in tune to other's suffering, and people who know me, know I am someone they can come to for advice. I know people that just live their lives day in and day out, and have no concept of how others may feel. Anxiety has made me realize how terrible it is to suffer, and how helpful it is to have one person who cares. Also, I dont think it would be 20 years of suffering. I think intermingled in there are good times as well. At least that is true for me. I try to write down the times that I am happy, so that I realize I have more than just suffering going on. Also, the truth is some people do really recover. I know there are people on this site that have... hopefully they will reply as well. I am working on it... and thats why I am here. It is amazing to realize how universial anxiety and panic are. If some people are able to recover, the truth is everyone should be able to as well.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
"I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance, never settle for the path of least resistance... When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance"

"This too shall pass..."

wendy
22-02-06, 09:26
Hi Brad
Sorry you are not feeling too good, Have you read the sucsess
stories on this site? These may help you see you can overcome this
Wendy x

Meg
24-02-06, 17:09
Brad,

If you have managed to start feeling like your old self again, there is your real proof that you are already on the road to recovery and this is just a blip on that road.

Try to identify what thoughts and triggers set you of down the anxiety route again and have belief that you are already better than you used to be.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
24-02-06, 19:35
Hi Brad

Any improvement is a sign that you can work on recovery and there is hope to get through this. We all have blips along the way but many people do recover. Perhaps you might like to read some of the threads in the Success Stories section for inspiration.

I am one of those who has had anxiety and depression for many year. However, this is mainly because there wasn't the help available back then and I didn't know what was wrong or how to start to help myself get better.

In the months I have been here I have made more progress than I have in the past 20 years. So don't give up hope or stop trying. It is possible to recover.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

nomorepanic
24-02-06, 19:40
Brad

Try these posts too.....

Is Recovery possible
100% recovered?? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3368)
total cure? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3832)
home truths (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2398)
why me. this ruins my life. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4957)
How do you know when you're cured? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5673)

Nicola

Alexandra
24-02-06, 20:09
Hi Brad

Like the others say please try not to worry yourself over this, you will get through it we all know you will on here. You are alot stronger than you think.

Take good care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

bradley
25-02-06, 02:01
thanx guys that helped.

Brad.

Alexandra
25-02-06, 09:09
Keep positive Brad. I know its hard sometimes & easier said than done, but you can do it you really can.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

Karen
25-02-06, 12:04
How are you today Brad?

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey