PDA

View Full Version : Seroxat Diary 20mg

Jeffro
29-07-10, 16:11
Thought I would share the experience so than others on a similar journey could reassure or share success stories! or maybe read this in future for some reassurance themselves!

I have been on these meds before and they seemed to work well (15yrs ago) so the doc has put me back on them to see me through a bad patch of my GAD.

Day 4

First few days the anxiety has def spiked, strong derealization and panicky feeling, havent had this in a while! Today was a bad one which called for some serious controlled breathing to see through the anxiety attack. I know it must be the meds and i know i need to see them through but i didnt bargain for this level of intensity, very tricky to cope with. Still im sure this feeling will pass soon, fingers crossed!

blue_haired_devil
07-07-12, 19:36
I'm having a lot of anxiety today. I think it's the seroxat. I'm on day 8.

I'm hoping it fades quite quickly.

tofutoffees
07-07-12, 21:51
I took Seroxat for years. I was anxious the entire time (wildy so).

It might work for some, but it didn't work for me, and the withdrawal was horrendous. I couldn't get past the lowest dose of 10mg without terrible physical side-effects. Eventually, I went onto Prozac and it seemed to deal with the Seroxat withdrawal and be easy to quit.

My experience only and I know these medications affect different people in different ways. I don't take any SSRIs now, but am prescribed diazepam for bouts of acute anxiety.

Hope you both feel better soon and things start to pick up; anxiety is so all-consuming.

blue_haired_devil
08-07-12, 07:45
Thanks tofutoffees,

Can I ask why you took it for so long if it made you anxious? My GP has told me to give it 3 weeks and see.

I have diazepam too, but it doesn't help with my OCD. I feel like seroxat is my last chance before having to try some anti-psychotics, which I know are going to be a lot stronger and have a lot more side effects.

pureocd
02-08-12, 23:16
Thanks tofutoffees,

Can I ask why you took it for so long if it made you anxious? My GP has told me to give it 3 weeks and see.

I have diazepam too, but it doesn't help with my OCD. I feel like seroxat is my last chance before having to try some anti-psychotics, which I know are going to be a lot stronger and have a lot more side effects.
I decided to register because I can feel your suffering, which is also mine.
Take 50/100 mg of Tramadol on as needed basis and your pure Ocd will disappear immediately for some hours.
That will give a lot of relief to you and will help with the compliance with medications.
I'm now about to starting venlafaxine er 150. The er form has been demonstrated to be much more anxipolytic than the immediate relase one.
So I keep my finger crossed.:blush:
Go On Google and type ocd tramadol rapid remission. You'll find a case report.
You're not alone, we all have to help each other ;)

Jeffro
11-08-12, 23:49
I have too agree with tofutoffee a bit, I posted this 2 years ago, the seroxat seemed to have me feeling better after about a week! But I think it may have just been the anxiety fading naturally, who knows!! Since I've been taking it, it did help me through a tricky period! But I haven't been 100% since I've been on it, normally something will trigger off my gad and I'll get severe anxiety and worry, but it will subside naturally. Since I've been on seroxat I've never lost that sense of worry and dread, it's been quite slight, but still there, also a feeling of spaced out unreality. Also the withdrawl is killer!! It's taken me 5 months to get down from 20mg to 10mg, I guess it's different strokes for different folks but I'm keen to get off this drug and manage my anxiety naturally when it occurs, for me knowing what I know now, and going through this withdrawl, I feel like Seroxat Although providing temp relief causes it's own issues, especially when trying to come off it! I feel strongly that cbt and facing your anxiety triggers is the way to provide long term solutions too ur angst! But seroxat is good if ur situation is difficult! Withdrawl has been a nightmare for me and im very much looking to being Paxil free!!