PDA

View Full Version : Just another newbie

Ayame
29-07-10, 17:35
Hi everyone, I finally plucked up the courage to join this message board after watching from the sidelines for maybe a few weeks.

So, I decided to go by Ayame (not my real name, a bit nervous to use that). It's just a name I like :)

Umm so a little about me, I'm 19 years old. Enjoy reading, writing, games, being girly, and other things :P Been having panic attacks on and off since I was about 14 (or maybe a couple years younger). They eased off for a long time but this year they have come back with some kind of vengence.

Nice to meet you all.

Oh, and I'm unemployed. Finding a job is so difficult and I had to drop out of education becaue the panic attacks were getting so bad:shrug:

nomorepanic
29-07-10, 17:39
Hi Ayame

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Foandyodie
29-07-10, 17:48
hi ayame, i am new also, i have had panic attacks in the past but not as bad as this last week, i have every symptom listed on the websites and felt like i was going to collapse all of the time and the floor was moving etc, feeling sick, shaking, scared etc.... go and see you doctor, he has given me some anti dressants (although i don think i am depressed ) and some diazapam as a quick relax which is working very well.

regards

Vanilla Sky
29-07-10, 17:50
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

caz1625
29-07-10, 18:33
Hi Ayame I am new here too. I suffer from panic attacks and anxiety and have done for a long time. Like you my panic attacks seem to come in waves although the anxiety of having one is always there and is sometimes as bad as the panic attack itself.

Carol

Ayame
12-08-10, 00:01
Thanks guys for your messages,
Can sympathize with all of you.

Been to the doc already, I start counselling in two weeks so I hope that'll help.