PDA

View Full Version : Meeting tonight! Fareham

gladyscourt
29-07-10, 18:26
Hey theres a meeting tonight at 7pm

Sacred Heart Church
‎ (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=3256626020146563367&q=sacred+heart+church+fareham&hl=en&cd=1&cad=src:pplink&ei=57ZRTKy4KYfLjAeXrMDjBA&sig2=ijQpJg-juUPWUr67zkgHqQ)
Portland Street, Fareham PO16 0NF‎

If your in the area please please come it will only be a small meeting in the church hall for an hour

xx

Going home
29-07-10, 18:31
What kind of meeting is it, is it an NMP meet up?

Anna xx

Going home
29-07-10, 20:18
A church meeting? Will people be able to discuss their mental health issues there? Ive left loads of messages for God to help me but he hasn't got back to me yet... :noangel:

Also, it might not be a good idea to give out your mobile number on an open forum by the way.

Regards
Anna

gladyscourt
29-07-10, 20:26
ive deleted the number i was in the hall n cudnt reply properly. Well its in a church hall as its quite a nice setting and its quiet.

1 person turned up and it was still really nice.

But i feel disheartend by it but hey! Im hopefuly getting radio coverage soon so if the turnout isnt good after that i wont be doing another

Going home
29-07-10, 22:10
Sorry but still not clear on what the meeting was for? was it for mental health problems?

Anna xx

gladyscourt
29-07-10, 22:15
anxiety, panic attacks, ocd, phobias. anything related to anxiety really.

Theres no support groups in the area for this so thought id give it a try setting it up

but to no avail!

x

Going home
29-07-10, 22:33
Oh thats a shame. But more positively, maybe there aren't too many people with these problems in the area. Alternatively, it could have been that people here might have thought as i did initially, that it was a church meeting...talking about God, rather than a health anxiety get together. Perhaps if you advertise it as such you could get alot more response?

Anna xx

yorkylover
02-08-10, 17:12
Hi I think you will find alot of people have a social phobia or social anxiety like myself and find it really hard to meet up with people and talk to strangers.
There are quite a few of us nmp members in the fareham and Gosport area,but the times don't suit everyone.I wouldn't give up just yet!!!

Maybe advertise a bit more,what about leaflets around the surgeries or mental health places like Hewet House or the Osborne Center in Fareham.

I work evening's and Im not good at meeting peopleor talking,but Im sure some are here.xxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

sandy35
03-08-10, 00:02
Hi! I was the person who turned up last Thursday and I really think we could give this another chance. I think what yorky lover said about giving leaflets to hewat house and osborne centre is a very good idea and I can also put a leaflet in with the local vocational advice service called Solent Mind as im on their focus group committee.