PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here feels like their days are going to waste?

Thefear7
29-07-10, 19:16
I mean....think about it, you wont live the day again, and you only live one short life. I just think everyday spent hanging around the house, is a waste. Think about it, we should be on our holidays, walking around a beach, just being totally ignorant (LOL!) and partying happily ever after. Instead we are just sitting, watching the days go by with no changes :weep::mad:

I just hope we can all wake up one day, 100% healthy and doing whatever we wanted :yesyes:

Vixxy
29-07-10, 20:40
I completely agree. I dread having a slow death and looking back on my life realising that I wasted it because of this illness.
However all the want in the world wont take away the gut wrenching fear that we all feel when we do try and do these things. Its a tough one.

FatherTed
29-07-10, 20:47
Wow. You really are fed up with things arnt you. All i can tell you is that there have been days in my life that were so BAAAAAADDDDD that I will be forever grateful that I wont ever have to live them again. If Im lucky. I know that bad times have a habit of returning but I think im better equipped to deal with them these days. However i think if i was on permenent holiday the novelty would wear off after a while as well. So i guess we just have to try and get the balance right and realise that too much of either is probably a bad thing.

paulaf
29-07-10, 21:04
I totally have this fear, like my life is passing before my eyes, I am getting older, fatter an less attractive...(Im only 29 but still) and I am wasting my life being scared of panic attacks - its so frustrating! but then I am in a scary situation (well scary for me, normal for anyone without anxiety) and all I can think is, as Dorothy said 'theres no place like home, theres no place like home' lol. If you dont laugh you could cry eh?

DWCarenza
30-07-10, 09:13
I suppose that many people get the feeling that they don't want to waste another minute but have absolutely no idea how to do that.

But it's just a feeling.

87sal87
30-07-10, 19:36
I get upset over this all the time. I'm 23 & I'm feel like I've wasted & am continuing to waste my 'best years' because of anxiety. It makes me very depressed :(

Emphyrio
30-07-10, 20:57
I can relate to this completely - the annoying thing is though is that if I try and do "too much" one day, I get the feelings of agitation and the intrusive thoughts returning. It seems to be a case of damned if I do, damned if I don't - I either feel agitated or depressed/hopeless. It's getting a bit better now though but I may be in one of my "can't be bothered" stages. I ended up staying in bed for around 14 hours today, which meant wasting most of the day and feeling even more sorry for myself. I think in future I should put more alarm clocks around my room and force myself to do anything other than stay in bed all day!

Oddfish
30-07-10, 21:31
I definitely feel this way and it is a big problem for me. Even when I feel ok and I am doing things, it never feels like enough. I always feel as though my life is boring and dull and I could be doing so much more and that makes me depressed. Trouble is I am someone who does not need a lot of stimulation. I enjoy my own space and frequently pass up on activities and events because I prefer to just be alone relaxing and reading or thinking, but then I get really annoyed with myself for not doing more! The feelings peak when I have anxiety and depression and I can't do things. Then I really feel as though I am wasting my life away and that in itself brings on more depression :mad:

nervy-paul
31-07-10, 19:15
I shall add my voice to this unhappy chorus. I too sometimes worry/feel sad at the time, and the years I have wasted, and seemingly taking steps forward then back again, sometimes not going anywhere and just standing still. It is a vicious cycle of the more you worry about wasting time, the more the anxiety/depression takes hold and wrings the life out of you, and how to escape/get beyond this is so difficult for people affected with anxiety and depression.

But there is positives to be had out there, I have had a lovely afternoon in the company of good wonderful friends, and that is a HUGE positive note for me to end on. :D

noutams
31-07-10, 19:31
In the past few months I've been cooped up indoors on my days off, I felt unsafe going out on my own. I had periods of Anxiety and I used to be so active Ie going to the Gym on my days off, I have put on some weight since then. For me it all started when things where going wrong, I had a cold and then started worrying. But now in my mind I am vowing to go back to the Gym.

trish1955
31-07-10, 20:34
i think what he means here is wouldnt it be great to ave the choice were you could go and do just about anything you want or the choice to do sod all if you want as well and yep i am 54 now i ave panic attacks on and off since i was 12 been bad for over the past 10 years i fear dying now not aveing lived at all do to always been limited even when my fears were not so in control of me i guess deep down saying that they must have been or why was i limitted to what i did back then at the moment i dont feel i can even visit my daughter for more than a few minutes she lives next door for god sake how sad is that but we all hang on in hope that tomorrow will be diffrent i always think well my first attack just came out the blue why cant it leave just the same way but dont ever give up hope i dont or i would have nothing take care lv trish

lucyy_21
02-08-10, 00:10
This is my first time to write on here, i don't really understand how it works but thought i'd give it a go and also i want to get into the chat room (: I'm 18 and i'v had this anxiety ******** for over a year. It's most depressing in the summer because everyone else is out abroad, in town, or just having bbq's or whatever in the lovely weather whereas most of the time i'm stuck at home/ in my room. Whats scares me more is that a lot of people on here have been going through this for years and years and it just annoys me that this could be it, i'm going to feel like this forever, seeing how quickly one year has gone by. Feels like right now i should be enjoting festivals, clubs, pubs etc.
Also, can someone explain whats the difference with a post, thread, reply, forum, lol. I don't understand it at all.
Sorry for the depressing reply, hehe.
Lucy x

lucyy_21
02-08-10, 00:11
woops i didn't mean to swear.

LoveMusic
02-08-10, 00:26
I can relate to this so much. My head tells me to be safe, and that means limiting myself.

Annabelle
02-08-10, 18:54
I to have this argument in my head - its sucks, I hate it, it makes me so angry, the fear of dying versus the fear of not having lived is some kind of mental head argument i am holey unequipped to answer - all i know is it makes me very sad....

Emphyrio
02-08-10, 19:03
Yeah, I can relate to the "limiting" thing. As my mood is often low, I avoid doing things fearing that any mistake or bad result would affect me even more - other people seem to bounce back after mishaps but I'm the kind of person who worries about a lot of things all the time!

louiseevans222
02-08-10, 20:01
thats true, but you have the complete control over your own life...

I got rid of my anxiety....

I have joined the forum to help others giving them the same FREE software that I used to get rid of my anxiety...

But unfortunetely because the administrator in this forum doesnt allow me to give details...

Not sure why, but you can contact me personally on my email, and I can help you out.....

All the best,

Louise Evans

nomorepanic
02-08-10, 21:13
Louise - I said you can post the link to your software but not that other guys site.

I did PM you about this and say it was ok.

GlasgowGuy
03-08-10, 16:32
Agree with so many of the posts. Is the double edged sword. One half says get up and out no matter how horrid I feel, end up feeling rotten so go back to house, get back to house and think I hate the sight of this house I need to get out. Vicious circle like we all just want to get out of.

calm
03-08-10, 16:39
glasgowguy.....we will all hopefully be carefree and be able to do as we wish.....i do feel so guilty about wasting a day....as you said...it wont come back will it xxxx
onwards and upwards...the diaz has kicked in lol xxxx now i am going to go swimming.....its somewhere i can switch off for a little while xxxxx

Typer
04-08-10, 13:04
At 60, each day should be more precious, but I waste it and procrastinate the day away due to avoiding the palps and the worry they cause me

Unhappy_uk
04-08-10, 21:16
Totally how I feel day to day that I am wasting my life and I have absolutely nothing to show for my years, on this earth, how sad is that!! I want children but have never found the right man :weep: time is running out for me.

The thing that scares me the most is ended up totally alone one day years from now.

Kipepeo Girl
05-08-10, 16:12
I get upset over this all the time. I'm 23 & I'm feel like I've wasted & am continuing to waste my 'best years' because of anxiety. It makes me very depressed :(
I feel exactly the same. I'm 22 and I get anxious that my life is just passing me by. I want to live my life to the full but am too anxious to go out and do something.