PDA

View Full Version : im back!

lajjj
29-07-10, 22:09
ok ive had a good run! been anxiety free for 4 months! no totally free but life has been great stopped seein my phsyc because i was so much better but in the last few days things have gone downhill! depersonalisation set in i have not been having panic attacks but i am starting to now its like all i have learned has gone out of the window! i have bi polor disorder and have suffered with anxiety for 15 years... just dont understand how i have gone from doing so well to feeling like i am back to square 1! gggrrrr:lac:

staypositive
30-07-10, 13:00
Welcome back :) Don't worry too much, you got yourself back on track before so there's no reason you can't do it again, just try and remain positive if you can

Vanilla Sky
30-07-10, 13:13
Welcome back :)

caz1625
30-07-10, 13:13
I have suffered for 25yrs and have good and bad times. When I am having a bad episode now I just keep telling myself that this is all part of the condition and I have to expect some bad times but I know it will get easier again. I try to think of it like I have a cold or something. People who don't suffer from anxiety get ill at times and I try to see the bad times as me just having a little illness that I will recover from. Hope that doesn't sound too daft. Stay positive.

Carol xx

Jabz
30-07-10, 15:11
sounds normal. i was anxiety free for 3 years, well not entirely free like you say, but panic free for sure. i thought i was doing really well and then BAM its all back, like i havent learned anything, but believe me your body is more conditioned now to them and it wont be as difficult this time around.

remember relapse is normal, in fact its part of the overall recovery process. this is the time to learn more and figure out what didn't work and what you can improve on and continue doing what you are doing.

personally I learned many more things in my current relapse than I have in the 3 years that i had anxiety and then 3 years i was anxiety free.

good luck.

lajjj
30-07-10, 16:43
thank u all for your replies , i knew comin on here would help:) and makes alot of sense what everyone has said this is just a bad patch which i am tryin to treat as if it were just a cold or something. and jabz ur right about the body bein more conditioned because im not freaking out and running for cover this time. i suppose we just have to accept this is the way it is sometimes for us...just wish i didnt automatically try and fight back coz as we know thats the worst thing to do! i am so happy we have this site coz i dnt know bout any1 eles but no 1 in my life really understands xx