PDA

View Full Version : IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN !

MrsCluggy
22-02-06, 09:41
Oh, it's a dark day today for me, again. I awoke this morning at
5.30 a.m. absolutely full of dread, fear and constant thoughts telling me that I couldn't cope with going outside. I have cried and cried this morning and feel so guilty because I have had to resort to taking a Diazepam. I have, in the past, only used these tablets as a very last resort but I have had to take them just to help calm me down. My husband, unfortunately, has now reached the end of his tether and has become one of the "pull yourself together" brigade. Not very helpful. Trouble is, he is such a sociable person, he has to be in his job, but he arranges evenings out or days out with various people, without asking me if it is okay and just expecting me to "pull myself together" and get on with life. He really doesn't understand. I get days, well actually I've had months where I have been panic/anxiety free and I have absolutely loved it. I could go shopping, travel, help friends and neighbours, no problem whatsoever. Then suddenly, BANG, I literally wake up totally debilitated and housebound .... and I cannot for one minute pinpoint an event or situation that has made me like this. This is what is so depressing and gets me down. These attacks come right out of the blue, so planning events or trips is an absolute nightmare because I have no idea what I am going to wake up like, what mood I am going to be in. The only thing different for today is that I have had to take my son to school, then rush back to give my husband's car to a mechanic who is coming to pick it up, then I have to drive to God knows where to pick up my husband as he has had to get a lift to work but cannot get a ride home so he "told" me that I had to pick him up. I hate driving where I don't know where I am going. I know what I need, I need at least a fortnight where I don't have any stress, I don't have to go anywhere, be relied on for anything and just try to recharge my batteries, but I don't think my family's lifestyle will allow me to do this. Is this avoidance or giving in to my situation - or am I giving my body a break? I feel so damn guilty that I have had to turn to my tablets. This in my book is a complete failure on my part. I hate days like these, I really do.

If the opportunity doesn't knock .... build a door.

Piglet
22-02-06, 10:33
Hi ya,

It is sooo hard for people who have never had panic attacks to quite realise what they actually feel like.

Could you show your husband the Daily Mail article so he can see it can happen to anyone.

Have you ever read Claire Weekes's books????

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

MrsCluggy
22-02-06, 15:47
Hi Piglet, Thank you so much for reply. It really does cheer me up when I read other peoples' opinions. I feel more positive now. Even more determined not to let this 'thing' get to me anymore.
Thank you so much.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hi ya,

It is sooo hard for people who have never had panic attacks to quite realise what they actually feel like.

Could you show your husband the Daily Mail article so he can see it can happen to anyone.

Have you ever read Claire Weekes's books????

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Piglet - 22 February 2006 : 10:33:11</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Alexandra
22-02-06, 16:17
I totally understand what your going through having been there myself. There is light at the end of the tunnel there really is.
As Piglet has said show your husband the Mail article.

Please remember you will always have support here.

Take Care

Alexandra

Keitharcher
22-02-06, 19:52
I know where you are coming from, suddenly the whole world is against you. maybe you just let your gaurd down long enough for the anxiety and depression to get back in. I found focusing on everything positively helps enormousley

Keith

Sue K with 5
23-02-06, 01:44
Hi

Unfortunately Depression does not book apppointments if it did I would lose my diary and avoid it like the plague. I can relate to that fine one min and dreaded fears and thoughts the next!

I have always been a person with a sense of humour who can ride out the storm but anxiety and panic have taken their toll over the years I still have the humour and I can still laugh. The thing is for me I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel and that is something that you have to focus on this can and will get better !

Dont lose heart

Sue with 5

scknight

MrsCluggy
23-02-06, 08:17
Thank you all so much for your comments. I awoke again this morning at 6.00 p.m. and my stomach just turned over like I was on a rollercoaster and I just thought "oh no, not again", but I just took a deep breath, smiled and said to myself "It's not happening today, I have had enough, nothing can harm me, it's just a negative thought", so I thought of something positive and went straight back to sleep again !! It felt like hard work for that time of the morning, concentrating so hard, but it worked and I think that's all I have to do to get through my day. Early mornings are rotten for most people at the best of times, so I have just put it down to being very early and that I was still very sleepy and my mind was wandering. I know I'm going to have a great day today.[8D]:D Thanks you all so very much.

Alexandra
23-02-06, 13:30
Thats the spirit hun.

I think quite a few of us are feeling low & thats all down to the awful weather lately. Hopefully though with lighter nights & mornings ahead we should all start to feel alot happier within ourselves.

Take good care

Alexandra