PDA

View Full Version : After alcohol and night out - no panic/neck stiffness/imbalance...for a while

TheWolf
30-07-10, 00:02
Hi,

I have been having very stiff neck 90% of the time lately and feeliings of imbalance.

But I noticed that during my night out when i have had 2 or 3 beers, these feelings have been pretty much gone.

But now once the alcohol wears off, my neck is stiff again (despite being relaxed). So I don't understand what's really going on. How can I be relaxed yet my neck is tense, it seems to be only cured by alcohol. Perhaps I am not actually relaxed?

Thanks
Wolf

nomorepanic
30-07-10, 00:20
Alcohol relaxes you - so you are tense !

Easy see - you drink and all tension goes, when you don't drink it is there.

Shows that it is nothing more than muscular and you need to relax

Going home
30-07-10, 00:20
Sounds like the muscles in your neck are very tense even though you think you're relaxed, so its only when you have alcohol the muscles do actually relax. Alcohol is ok in small quantities but don't be tempted to drink loads because this will only make things worse in the long run. The best thing is to try to find a way of relaxing the muscles naturally, so that its something you can do at any time if needed.

Try this: Sit with your back straight and shoulders relaxed and lowered. Starting with your chin down towards your chest, slowly rotate your head around in a complete circle a few times in one direction and then in the opposite direction. You might feel your neck crunching and popping a bit if its really tense but if you do this at least once every day you should feel a difference.

Hope this helps a little
Anna xx

alwaysanxious
30-07-10, 09:28
hi wolf im a qualified aromatherapist and while your drinking you will have a false sence of relaxation in your body, feels great at the time but its a bluff lol ho hum......when your neck is tense it constricts the blood flow to your head which gives you the feeling of unbalance, headaches ect....it cant harm you it will just make you feel dizzy at times thats all.. the best thing to do is sit with your back staright on a chair , keeping your head straight tilt ur head to the left shoulder as far as it will go, slowley moving neck back up to straight, then tilt to the right shoulder as far as it will go, the straight up again doing all these moves slowley and relaxed, then turn ur head to left slowley andlooking down do a half moon move from left shoulder to right shoulder lifting head up straight after. do this about 5 times this will release some tention in your neck... also if your necks tense your shoulders will be... so lay flat on the floor with a large rolled up towel place the toweljust below your shoulder blades as where a bra might sit, then lay on this towel and stretch ur arms over ur head behind u so they touch the floor this will strech ur shoulder baldes and release tention in shoulders do this a few times then if u wish place towel lower down ur back and repeat it helps strech out all the muscels in ur back... this should help alot ..... and if you have some 1 to help rub ur shoulders then do so if not go get a massage it does the world of good and also heaps with constant headaches.. just try it u will see a difference i promise you

take care lisa .