PDA

View Full Version : Another New Member

Alexandra
22-02-06, 09:57
Hi Everyone

My name is Alexandra but i prefer Alex.

I live with my wonderful fiance Chris & our lovely little westie Archie.
Chris & i are getting married 5th August this year & are really looking forward to it.

In the past i have suffered with depression but thankfully have over come that. However it has now moved on to mild agraphobia. I can take the dog out for a walk in the park but i just cannot get my head round getting on a bus by myself yet or getting down to the local shop which is about a 20 min walk. I do have a counsellor who i see about once a month which has been really great but i would really love to chat more to people in the same boat as myself.

Take Care

Alex

Alexandra

trac67
22-02-06, 10:01
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jackie
22-02-06, 10:35
hey alex. you will find many positive people who can relate to you here

hoope you get the support you need, i have no doubt you will

keep hoping one day it will be in the past
jackie

ps have you read claire weekes books on agraphobia

Alexandra
22-02-06, 10:40
Hi Trac & Jackie.

Thankyou for the warm welcome

No i have'nt seen the agraphobia books you mention but i will now look out for them. Thankyou i appreciate the advice.

Alexandra

vernon
22-02-06, 10:45
Hi alex welcome to the site. Well you will find plenty of good friends and people to chat with here.

seh1980
22-02-06, 10:46
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

bluesparkle
22-02-06, 11:41
hi alex
congratulations on you up and coming wedding...
i just wanted to say welcome... there are lots of peole here who struggle with getting out by themselves... you have probably found the threads by now but have a good look around there is loads of good advice here and everyone is really friendly
take care
rach

Alexandra
22-02-06, 11:44
Hi. Vernon, Seh & Rach

Lovely to meet you all.

Im finding my way around bit by bit.

Take Care

Alexandra

jackie
22-02-06, 11:54
alexandra get the books. self help for your nerves, seeential help for your nerves are their names. there is also on e on agraphobia directly but i dont no the name the one on essential help covers it widely though, for many it is there bible
jackie

Alexandra
22-02-06, 12:01
Thanks again Jackie. Im on the case for those books as we speak.

Take Care

Alexandra

Piglet
22-02-06, 12:58
A big welcome to the site Alex.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Karen
22-02-06, 21:06
Hi Alex

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 21:25
Hi Alex

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

We will help all we can to get you back on track

Nicola

Alexandra
22-02-06, 21:28
Hi Everyone

Thankyou again for the warm welcomes

You are all very kind.

Take Care

Alexandra

Paddington
23-02-06, 00:04
hi Alex,congrats on your forhcoming wedding,se yourself there,loving every moment a bright beautiful woman,picture yourself waving at your guests,dancing with your new hubby,see it mfeel it tasteitand it will be so!.love Mary-Rose.xx

clickaway
23-02-06, 00:32
Welcome aboard Alex!

You seem a very positive sort, and with a little help, I'm sure you can conquer the agoraphobia too.

No reason to suppose you can't beat it by August. Just tackle the agoraphobia in small steps.

Take care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

feege
23-02-06, 08:56
Hi Alex

Welcome to the site - I'm sure you will make lots of friends here who will support you!

Congratulations on you upcoming wedding!

Good luck!

fee
xx

Alexandra
23-02-06, 10:12
Hi Mary Rose, Ray & Fee

Thankyou once again for your lovely welcomes.

Thanks Ray for saying i sound positive as in the past i have'nt always felt like that but i feel i am becoming stronger each day as i know everyone else on here to will be, because we are all worth something even when the chips are down.

Take Care

Alexandra

Meg
24-02-06, 14:14
Hello Alex

Welcome to the site and I'm happy to see your great input and comments on a variety of threads even before I came across your introduction.

Sounds like you are already close to the right track but need to push back your boundaries a bit more step by step.

Some people who need this find it useful to start a progress thread and use it as a kind of diary where you can get encouragement and help.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

krissie
24-02-06, 16:59
Hi Alex,

Nice to meet you, I'm krissie, I have just joined this site. I suffer with depression/anger/anxiety and am a self harmer. I am looking to chat to other people who can understand what I am going through and I would like to offer my support and help if I can.

It's good that you are getting out walking the dog, little steps at a time are the best way to go about overcoming fears and worries....

hugs,
Krissie :)

of the things I have lost I miss my mind the most!!!

Alexandra
24-02-06, 17:47
Hi Meg & krissie

Nice to meet you both as well.

Krissie i understand completely about what your going through re depression, anger & anxiety. As you have seen by now there are so many of us in the same boat & we are all here to support each other.

Take good Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

KimL
24-02-06, 20:26
Hi I'm new here too and I'm really confused about where I post things. Might have to come back and get the help of my daughter. I'm 46 and have had severe anxiety and a panic disorder. I am better than a year go but I still get panic and anxiety quite often. The panic is like an electric shock going through my body and it can linger for days. The panic and anxiety comes from worrying about illness and back pain. I also had a hysterectemy 10 years ago, I take HRT and I often wonder if this started then as I have had panic attacks since that time. It's comforting to know that so many people are feeling the same.

jackie
24-02-06, 20:31
alex, love your wee quote. hope some of us can leave that mark on you

kim, hope you find out how to do it. you are both not alone in your struggle, but as meg said you are on the right track

take care
jackie

molly15
24-02-06, 20:33
hi welcome to no more panic.take care marcia xx

i have to do it for my kids if not for myself marciaxx

Alexandra
24-02-06, 20:34
Hi Kim

Welcome to the forum.

The best way to learn about the site is just by browsing really & joining in where you feel comfortable.

There is some really good advice on here & plenty of people to chat & get support from.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

sal
24-02-06, 22:20
Hi hun

Your saying at the end of your post is so true.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Alexandra
24-02-06, 22:29
Hi, Kim, Marcia, jackie & Sal,

Glad you all like my little quote. I have always loved it from when i first heard it at school & then i was reminded of it once again when i first went through depression, a good friend of mine bought me a little card with it on. It means alot to me.

:)

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

sal
24-02-06, 22:57
It is a great quote. Here if you want to talk.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Alexandra
25-02-06, 13:52
Thanks Sal. The same goes for me to if ever you need to talk.

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

sal
25-02-06, 22:30
Hi Alex got your pm and here if you ever want to talk Will pm my number if you want it xxx

Love Sal xx

Sue K with 5
26-02-06, 00:36
Hi Alex

Welcome to NMP! I can relate to agorpahobia although I have had mine for many years. I can tell you that takjing control at the early stages is the best form af attack and reading books and the information on here does help greatly ! your not alone

Take care and keep going for those walks

Sue with 5

scknight

Alexandra
26-02-06, 12:42
Hi Sue & thanks for your advice.

I have ordered some Claire Weekes books, which i was advised by jackie to take a look at. Im really looking forward to recieving them.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

sal
26-02-06, 22:18
Hi Alex

They are great reading. Hope you are okay and had a good day.

Love Sal xx

Alexandra
27-02-06, 10:26
Hi Sal,

Im okay thanks. Hope you are alright as well, was thinking of you yesterday.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart