PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety has reared it's head again!

IHATEANXIETY
30-07-10, 18:43
Hi am new to the site so hope I'm doing this right! Have suffered from anxiety since my early twenties and for most of that time went untreated.
Had a nervous breakdown when I was 28 as my long term partner left me for someone else. Saw a counsellor which i arranged myself as my doctors were useless!
Finally changed my doctors surgery and at last got put on meds to help. Was put on Paroxetine 20mg and did help initaially. However still had issues especially with eating out and social gatherings which sent my anxiety through the roof! :wacko:
So ended up avoiding and that went on for years. Saw a hynotherapist privately at Harley Sreet £150 an hour, he was crap! Lurched a long for a few more years still plodding along on the 20mg dosage. No one recommended any other type of help to do along side the meds.
Met my partner 6 years ago who was great and explained to him upfront my problems and he still took me on! Well was loved up which helped enormously but then we moved house which turned out to be a nightmare. Had problems with his teen age kids and my anxiety just got out of control. I saw the crisis team twice as I was just so scared what I could do to myself. They dosed up with more meds which ended up making me worse! Finally I said I just wanted to die and would kill myself so ended up being admitted to hospital.
That was just like a youth club for adults and I didn't get any concrete help there was just left to my own devises. They did up my Paroxetine dosage to 40mg.
Some how when i was discharged with the help of my family and a fab dr at my surgery i turned a corner. I saw a CBT therapist again privately just because of the waiting time. Enrolled on an NHS anxiety course and managed to slowly get back to work who were great.
Have had a good run but this week started feeling crap again. Should have gone to London Weds but got myself so worked up didn't end up going. Since then been beating myself up and that old feeling is back.
Been to docs today and prescribed me lorazepam 1mg to help take the edge off.
Feel tired and really can't be bothered with anything or anyone. x

nomorepanic
30-07-10, 18:45
Hi IHATEANXIETY

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Vanilla Sky
30-07-10, 18:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: paige x

am3ient
31-07-10, 01:30
hi there ihateanxiety i am new to this site today but i feel your pain completley. i have panic dissorder and depression for 12 years now and it is pretty much nearly finished me off a few times, like you i went untreated for a long time, just masked it with alchohol and other things, then eventually also had a breakdown and went through years of medication suicide attempts and and losing relationships. got alot better over the past few years but still have problems in social situations and traveling anyware. ive started having problems with it again, and because of this the girl i loved left me today. hence me trying to find help online cos the doctors and mental health team aren't that great where i am and i feel just about fed up with it all. i hope it helps knowing theres other people with similar issues. keep fighting chick im sure its gonna be worth it :)

IHATEANXIETY
24-08-10, 14:51
Well would like to say things have improved but they haven't! The lorazepam just gives me a bad headache and makes me feel tired all the time. Managed to get to London on second attempt last weekend and got my handbag stolen! Felt dreadful after that and now been off work a couple of days. Back to drs tomz but feel like i am on that slippery slope x