PDA

View Full Version : What if??

debbsi
30-07-10, 19:38
Does anyone else have a devil sitting on one shoulder and an angel on the other?
You know just like in the old cartoons you used to watch as a child?
One day you get tingling in your limbs due to your anxiety; the devil says
"Oh no! What if your having a stroke, what if you've got MS, or what if you have some other deadly disease???? arggghhh your doomed your definalty going to die!!!!"
Then the poor little angel sitting on your other shoulder whispers:
"On the other hand what if its just your breathing getting out of control causing those symptoms?"
How come we always go along with that nasty little devil, how come that lovely little reasonable angel is always drowned out by the devil??
I sometimes wish I could flick the little git off my shoulder!!!
Its mad how I know my thoughts are completely unreasonable and I have trained my brain into reducing the negative thoughts before but now I am struggling. Someone needs to invent a devil flicker :yesyes:
:yesyes:

jillyb
30-07-10, 21:16
Wouldn't it be great if someone could invent a devil flicker! ... they'd be a multi-millionaire in no time! It's so exhausting trying to get the so and so off your shoulder! And why does it always keep whispering (or more likely SHOUTING) negative things in your ear? Oh well, it's good to know we're not alone and that there are plenty like us with this 'affliction'!!!

Emphyrio
30-07-10, 21:21
When I experienced lots of intrusive thoughts, while often try to "bring me down" after I've had some success or good luck, I used to imagine myself slaying an imp with a high pitched voice- dunno how successful it was though to be honest.

mcclan
30-07-10, 21:24
just got this site from the docs today just wondered if anyone could run thru it wiv me as i havent a clue what im doing

mcclan
30-07-10, 21:27
could you run thru this site wiv me as i just got it today off the doc