PDA

View Full Version : Been taking for 1 week now. Want to come off

uk23
30-07-10, 23:22
Hello,

This is my first post here, look forward to posting more as time goes by.

I have diagnosed Severe OCD and Cyclothymia. I also have an fear of taking medications. Anyway after spending 5 months thinking it over in my head I decided to take a little of the 15mg pill. I halved it, halved again and then halved again (maybe 1.5mg total). I noticed I felt relaxed and sleepy...but soon I noticed the side effects starting to work - very dizzy, anxious and others.

I have decided to come off it now, however as I was taking such a small dose should I just come off it or try and the tiny bit I was taking in half again?

I know that obviously I should ask my doctor but they are very booked up and I am unsure.

Thank you,

Piers

nomorepanic
30-07-10, 23:28
How long were you on it for?

uk23
30-07-10, 23:37
I have been on it for 1 week.

nomorepanic
30-07-10, 23:39
Oh yes sorry you said that in the title lol

I would think on such a low dose then you would be fine to just stop but it may be best to double check with someone. Maybe you could call NHS direct or maybe someone else will reply that knows more than me about this drug.

:welcome: by the way

Chem
30-07-10, 23:43
What are the tablets? You don't say.

The dose you took is too small for most medications to have any positive effect or side effects. It is possible that what you thought you felt was all psychosematic.

Tablets should not be cut without doctor's instructions. Their coating determines the rate at which they dissolve and release the active ingredients. Cutting them obviously instantly exposes the contents to your digestive juices.

You say you have a fear of taking medication and you'd had the tablets 5 months before trying them. There could have been changes in your condition or general health in such a time. If you go to see your doctor, then try to trust what he/she advises for you. I think you should go back and discuss your issues again.

uk23
30-07-10, 23:46
Thanks for the replies. The tables are mirtazapine. I told the GP I was taking them and they just said 'ok'. That was it. That as last week so I guess they think its fine.