PDA

View Full Version : advice pls

kirgray
22-02-06, 11:09
Im working in a VERY large open plan office, I have just been promoted from a small office to this new office. I feel very vulnerable and exposed and am constantly worrying about breathing etc and when people come and talk to me I feel like running away and cant concentrate on what they say:(

I want to stick at this tho and try and muddle thro (some how) I take in daily supplies of lavender tissues, rescue remedy and I am on propanolol, I think its the whole big building thing it scares me and I feel on my own the nice thing is I can walk out whenever I need to as the toilets are very close to where I sit.....

Does anyone else have an issue with time with there anxiety whilst in work I feel like I cannot survive a minute let alone a whole day, mind you I think most people feel like that LOL especially on mondays!

Just want some advise on positive thinking and how I can overcome this

I even felt like this in the small office so I dont think its the size thing its just general over anxiuos feelings

jackie
22-02-06, 11:22
have you read claire weekes books on the best things to do.

i no you must feel vulnerable but you must be doing something right to get the new post. give yourself a pat on the back for that and just no that you are not alone in this awful thing we call fear
jackie

kirgray
22-02-06, 11:54
awww thank you jackie....that is why I want to stick at this in the past I have panicked and given up, over the last year the anxiety is still bad but I feel that now I can rationilise with myself and say come on these feelings are anxiety and you are not going to die, or pass out-all in all its the uncomfortable feeling I get that is so very hard to deal with...I find as the day gets on the more it decreases The drive to work and the mornings are the worst....the thought of the day ahead I think?

jackie
24-02-06, 21:02
so you do get better the busier you get. there is a lesson in that for us all

i hope you buy this essential book
jackie

kirgray
25-02-06, 18:01
I think yes better when busier and also I become comfortable in my surroundings as the day goes on at the start of the day I am very tense, shoulders are high up and get really bad headaches I worry about the day ahead....