PDA

View Full Version : Just want to introduce myself

r2p2
31-07-10, 11:17
Hi, I have been looking at this site for a couple of years but haven't had the courage to join (don't really know why!).

I have suffered with depression in my teens followed by years of panic and axiety. Unfortunately, over the past 6 months things have really got on top of me and I feel like I can't deal rationally with things anymore as I am constantly worried.

Anyway, I look forward to hopefully finding some help on this site and maybe even starting to get myself in order once again.

Rachel

nomorepanic
31-07-10, 11:18
Hi r2p2

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mr Panic
01-08-10, 19:43
Hiya, Im new here too - Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone! The site is filled with people in varying degrees of the same situation - myself included. I've suffered from panic for years on and off, but recently have had to go to the doctors to get a prescription of anti-depressants. Been on them for 4 weeks now, but don't feel a great deal better. I'm coming to the conclusion that it is a game, and that you just have to know how to win. When I'm feeling fine, life is good, when I feel low, life is too much to cope with. I think the trick is to to try to keep your mind on the fine side, and finding strategies to making that happen is the key. There is (as far as I am aware!) no single magic trick to make it all better, but you have to find what works for you. Distraction techniques to stop thoughts preying on your mind, breathing exercises to control panic attacks, but I always find the best method is to talk to other people - definitely don't hold it in!
Well done for finding the courage to join the site, and I hope things improve over time!
Take care,
Nick

Baggs
01-08-10, 22:10
I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Vanilla Sky
02-08-10, 11:43
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x