PDA

View Full Version : Appreciate Reports Of Anyone Using Dosulepin

abbey10
31-07-10, 12:47
Hi everyone

I was prescribed Fluoxetine to help with anxiety and depression about 5 weeks ago. There were no sides effects at first then on day 5 I woke up feeling extremely anxious. I was worrying about hurtful events from the past all day - it was like the tablets were opening up all negativities from ages ago. I knew that it would be the tablets taking effect and hoped that it would subside. The next 6 days I was still feeling agitated and anxious all day. I was also paranoid about seeing people even friends that I knew well. My boyfriend was very supportive and suggested that I go back to the doctor. The doctor said that in some cases SSRI's can be too stimulating for some people. I was prescribed Dosulepin due to them having a more sedative effect. I have been taking 50 mg for 11 days to start with. The side effects aren't too bad - I just feel groggy in the morning & unmotivated. The positive aspects is that I don't feel as overly anxious as I did using Fluoxetine. I don't feel any better yet but trying to be positive as I've read that they take about 3 - 4 weeks to work - just hoping that I start to feel a bit more positive about life soon. Has anyone else felt better from being prescribed Dosulepin? Really hope you are all well.

Take care

nomorepanic
31-07-10, 12:49
Hi abbey10

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

abbey10
31-07-10, 13:41
Thanks Nicola :D

pollyanna
31-07-10, 16:19
hi abbey 10.

i have been taking dosulepin for over 18 years, i take citalopram along with that as well now ( only for the last few months), i take 150mg at night,one of the reasons that i have stuck with the dosulepin is that i was always too scared to try anything else, but also that they for the most part, kept me more on an even keel . i know that they are of the older family of anti depressants, the biggest side effects i have from them is a dry mouth and sweating. i take them once i am in bed and ready to go to sleep, other wise i can feel a bit spaced at times if i take them and then stay up too long, but that works for me, everyones experience is different, and i suppose you just have to give it a go and see if it works for you, but i think with anything, you have to give them a reasonable lengh of time to see if they are working for you.

good luck, P x

hopers
31-07-10, 17:29
i have been on duslupin for 6 years 225 mg the side effcts dont last and there not addictive for me and so find they workvery well

hope they are heping :)

Jumpy
31-07-10, 17:57
Hi

I use to take 150mg of Dosulepin untill May where my Doc decided to change them. I started on 25mg for pain originally and then they were upped for depression/anxiety. The whole dose taken at night. They were very very good for the pain, they helped me sleep at night and did relax me a bit, but as for the depression they never began to touch that side. I had no side effects from them.

I now take 20mg of cit in the mornings and 25/50mg of dosulepin at night.

abbey10
31-07-10, 19:04
Hi everyone

Thanks a lot for your replies - much appreciated.

It's quite unsettling when you start taking antidepressants as you know that there are side effects & they may possibly contribute to you feeling worse before you get better. It's also frustrating knowing that you may need to try different ones before you find the right type.

Hopefully, Dosulepin will be the one needed & will give it a good shot & be more patient! :)