PDA

View Full Version : is this an anxiety symptom

feasible
31-07-10, 13:50
hi all.. above all my other symptoms this one freaks me out the most and causes me to panic when it starts.

every now and then i get a massive pain in my right side somewhere in my ribs...its hard to explain but it feels like someone has whacked me with a baseball bat.i have had this for years now yet everytime i get it im convinced its the start of a heart attack and then i start to panic... this stops me going to places i wish i could go in case i have another episode,,,, i try gaviscon and it usually takes it off a while...i do get acid reflux quite a lot and also some bad ibs most days,,,,i just wondered does anyone else get that particular symptom and how you cope with it.any advice or just to let me know that anyone else has it will help me please

jothenurse
31-07-10, 14:02
Doesn't sound like it would be heart related with a pain on the right side by your ribs. With your acid reflux and IBS, could be just gas.

feasible
31-07-10, 14:13
thank you... logically you are correct i know this because its an obvious link to the acid problems i have..i just wish i could accept that logic when i have the pain...it scares the hell out of me when it hits.thanks for answering:)

feasible
01-08-10, 16:57
I've had that pain, and it has always been wind. I'd never had it til I went on meds, and I was amazed how painful trapped wind can be!

Dahlia

Thank you i think it started when i was on seroxat and continues these days but not as often as it used to.. im now on prozac and also proponolol..thank you for sharing your experience with this to me its a big help.. and yes i am also finding that the trapped wind is alot worse than i imagined it could be lol..