PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Pat Ormond
22-02-06, 11:18
My name is Pat. I've never been done this before and I'm not sure I'm doing it right.
I've been suffering from depression, stress and severe anxiety for 3 years. Each day and night is a stuggle. I am very negative about everything. The worse thing is that I find it hard to be with people and my eldest daughter is getting married in 2 months and you can't believe how I feel about what I am having to go through. I hope I make it. I don't want to wander off again. This time I might not be found.

jackie
22-02-06, 11:24
pat i ask this to everyone so sorry if it is annoying everyone, but have you read claire weekes books on how you feel?

other than that just no you are not alone, hope we can help you get to your daughters wedding and actually enjoy it

if you read the success stories in this site you will see how much people accomplish just by knowing they are not alone

all the best
jackie

Alexandra
22-02-06, 11:25
Hi Pat

Welcome from another new member.

What can i say you are certainly in the right place for a chat & some really good advice.
I have'nt been on here long but i have had some good advice & met some lovely people on here already.

Take Care

Alexandra

tara
22-02-06, 11:29
Welcome to the site Pat :D

bluesparkle
22-02-06, 11:35
hi pat
and welcome to nmp :D
you will get lots of advice here... have a good look around and you will se many posts regarding how you are feeling...
we all understand here so please ask anything...
rach

Piglet
22-02-06, 13:01
Already said hello under your other thread.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trac67
22-02-06, 13:44
Hi Pat,

Welocome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

gaynandr
22-02-06, 13:54
Hi Pat,

It is a pleasure to meet you if only by e-mail. I have just joined the website today and saw your postings. And yes, you have done it right! I have had severe panic disorder since I was 7. I am now 33 years old. I can relate to you although I refuse to take any medication (because that is one of anxieties).

It is important to realise that there are millions of people who share your condition, but like you, they probably feel isolated (until today), when you went on the website. Obviously, you will feel that your condition is worse than anyone elses. I would make sure you go onto this site as much as you can Pat (as I think it will be really good for you). I think your soul is lonely Pat. You soul will feel better by reading other people's accounts of their conditions and prevent you feeling so alone. Don't tell yourself you are depressed PAt, but that you are not fully happy yet. Everyone on this website wants you to be happy and you have everyone's encouragement and support. There's no pressure there by the way, you don't need pressure. However, encouragement comes on bad days aswell as good days. Start to pretend to look forward to the wedding even if you actually don't. It is only one day.

Don't wander off Pat and if you do we will be here to find you. Write whenever you need to, even when you are really bad and especially when you are really bad. I know you will get better even if you don't!

Don't feel alone Pat, there are lots of people who feel the same way you do. I am one right here. I am not mad or weird. Make the most of the resources available for yourself Pat. You deserve to be happy after the last three years and you will be.

I look forward to reading your postings.

Andrea

Andrea

Karen
22-02-06, 21:00
Hi Pat

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

nomorepanic
22-02-06, 21:27
Pat

A warm welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

clickaway
22-02-06, 22:58
Welcome Aboard, Pat.

You'll find plenty of comfort and advice on this site.

We'll get you to that wedding!

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Paddington
22-02-06, 23:22
hello,welome to the site,i am a new member too and it is liberating to know i am not alone.dont go wandering off dear girl,i've been where you are in the dark tunnel where you think no--one can find you or even see you,trust me we are all in the same tunnel looking at each other so how can we ever be lost again.love and light.Mary-Rose.xxx

westmeathangel
23-02-06, 23:33
im new to this site and i was wondering if there is anyone using this site from Ireland, thats where I live ive been a sufferer for 15yrs and i still have good weeks and bad ones thankfully i have lots more good weeks than bad, but its been a case of trial and error im sure there are ppl who dont or wont take medication for this illness but i swear by relaxents so what if im on them for the rest of my life... id prefer to swollow one tablet per day than go through what i went thru before i was told what was really wrong with me.... i had myself convinced i had every illness under the sun and at any min one of these attacks were goin to kill me, but here i am 15 yrs on family reared which i also convinved myself id never see and im still takin one tab every day... i can relate to so many of the notices posted here and all i can say to anyone who is the the deepest darkest panic it does get better it may always be there but i will improve just hang in there and most of all dont think you are going mad r imagining it all its real.......... and its SOO important to have a site like this then u realise you are not alone and not the only one that feels the way you do, although when ur having an attack if you are like me you will think nobody else's attack is as bad as yours........ ive come out the other side you can too
" Dance like no-one is watching, sing like no-one is listning, work like you dont need the money and love like youve never been hurt"

Meg
24-02-06, 13:09
Hi

It's amazing how much progress you can make in 2 months if you set your mind to it.

Let us know what bits you need help with specifically and you can get there fairly comfortably by then.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?