PDA

View Full Version : cont'd cbt intead of emdr

ammiemum
31-07-10, 22:23
i posted earlier about being worried about emdr...[thanks for replies]
as everything was 'stirred up' during assessmenti have been suffering for quite a while with disturbed sleep /nightmares from ptsd and all got worse. So , it was decided to try helping with cbt instead as it helped with other probs.:unsure: i was told what we would do and was very unsure as to whether to do it but other things occured which made me decide to try it. things would be 'worse before they got better' ha that is true.
2 weeks ago we visited the site of prob which i found very traumatic -but was determined once we got there and [with help] kept pushing further:weep:and now trying to tell of incident in the present tense and i just cant stand it . I have tried and tried cos i so dont want to be beaten by this any more,but it is just awful and i just want to leave and i feel useless, guilty [and all other things that lurk around me], for giving up ....i take cit, now 40mgs, hoped it would help me through this but seem to be as bad as ever-i dont want togo out -dont want to be here , even woke up with panic attacks -new for me.
i so dont want to be doing this and i dont know what else to do.............help:wacko:i really feel bad I JUST CANT STAND the b#### 'therapy' and just to finish off it has helped me to remember more so nightmares have more ammo and lifes hell.......please can someone advise me? june

Lynnann
31-07-10, 23:14
Hi June,

I think therapy brings it's own traumas but it does start the healing process by accepting what has happened and moving on. Have you got support at home?
I had one friend that I really trusted and I used to meet him after my counselling sessions, although sometimes all I did was cry when I saw him. Just give it a chance and see what happens:)

We are all here for you:)

Lynnann:noangel:

ammiemum
01-08-10, 10:27
no support at home -just other ongoing probs im in a bit of an awkward place with so many things going on that not having sleep/rest seems to be a good start place but is just so hard and thelast two days have been rough[after cbt thurs]. sorry i fall into blip sometimes and just dont have the oomph to climb out, today i am going to do something i have 3 things on a list and as long as i start i shall be getting somewhere .............:blush:

keep trying-yes i know i am trying!!

Lynnann
01-08-10, 14:03
Hi

It's difficult when there seems little support and nothing but ongoing problems but you are doing something positive in your CBT and with time and patience you should see some good results:D

Remember we are all here for you willing you on and sending good vibes your way. :yesyes:

How are you getting on with the three things on your list?

Lynnann:flowers:

ammiemum
01-08-10, 21:28
:blush:i did two of them woopee doo- i am sorry for moaning on but sometimes it gets a bit too much - today i am back to my well i'll try ' self! thankyou